March premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There have always been teams well known for their ability to sprint out of the blocks but which are not likely to trouble the opposition in September. In fact many years ago Manly had such a reputation.

Might be interesting to see which teams are flavour of the month from time to time as the season wears on.

My March premiers are Brisbane in a photo from Cows (for obvious reasons). The rest of the Top 4 is Dogs and Eels.

Of those I expect the Eels to be first to fade off the pace, regardless of whether they miraculously avoid losing competition points for cap rorts. They have started with a bang but I doubt they can go the distance.

Would not surprise me if Brisbane are the only ones from that group who end up in the real Top 4.

Injuries will determine the Top 8 - the reduced interchange, the short turnarounds and the physical size of the next Gen, injury is really the great leveler.

How many Players are all over the old 6 foot? Even the wingers are 90kg +

Another reason the Broncos are likely to be there, I doubt they have many 5 day turnarounds.

OMG I am still leading, I am on a roll

giphy.gif

Injuries will determine the Top 8 - the reduced interchange, the short turnarounds and the physical size of the next Gen, injury is really the great leveler.

How many Players are all over the old 6 foot? Even the wingers are 90kg +
Agreed. A team like the Roosters are but a shadow of the team that were minor premiers for the past 3 years. And this has a lot to do with the players they have out (plus their new young halves/fullback). They will go much better if they can field their best team.

At this stage you'd have to favour the early season favourites, and current betting favourites , Donkeys and Girls to continue their success , however how they recover from SOO will determine that.

Bulldogs look good but always seem to lack the killer punch in the big games.

The Squeals, well who knows , injury free and with Uncle Toddy on their side ( plus the refs) may well feature in the top 4.

Titans are a surprise , especially without Elgey.

Sharks seem up and down, again who knows with them.

One things for sure a long long way to go.

There have always been teams well known for their ability to sprint out of the blocks but which are not likely to trouble the opposition in September. In fact many years ago Manly had such a reputation.

Might be interesting to see which teams are flavour of the month from time to time as the season wears on.

My March premiers are Brisbane in a photo from Cows (for obvious reasons). The rest of the Top 4 is Dogs and Eels.

Of those I expect the Eels to be first to fade off the pace, regardless of whether they miraculously avoid losing competition points for cap rorts. They have started with a bang but I doubt they can go the distance.

Would not surprise me if Brisbane are the only ones from that group who end up in the real Top 4.

Did I miss something?

Did the Storm get docked points again? That would be great

Did I miss something?

Did the Storm get docked points again? That would be great

Oh yes I forgot about those cheating grubby bastards!!

Jeez they had the grubsville stuff on tap last night didn't they.

Last edited:
The donkeys are the cherished by the news limited centric NRL. I expect the dogs to be in the top 4, their form looks great so far. I expect the Cows to be in the mix for the top 4 as well.

It is early doors but the unfairness of the draw is having a big affect on games, teams with 5 day turn arounds have mostly struggled to back up.

I think the NRL have to make a call about the whinging worms and whether they will be docked points due to their alleged rorting of the cap, cause can you image the whining coming out of the west of the NRL do what they are supposed to do and enforce the cap rules? Interesting times ahead no doubt.

The donkeys are the cherished by the news limited centric NRL. I expect the dogs to be in the top 4, their form looks great so far. I expect the Cows to be in the mix for the top 4 as well.

It is early doors but the unfairness of the draw is having a big affect on games, teams with 5 day turn arounds have mostly struggled to back up.

I think the NRL have to make a call about the whinging worms and whether they will be docked points due to their alleged rorting of the cap, cause can you image the whining coming out of the west of the NRL do what they are supposed to do and enforce the cap rules? Interesting times ahead no doubt.

But don't forget it's Uncle Toddy in charge now, and he doesn't have balls!!

But don't forget it's Uncle Toddy in charge now, and he doesn't have balls!!

It's seriously farcical Mark.

The game is already in serious danger of being taken as a joke without Toddy and his idiot mates letting a club break the salary cap right under their noses while they sit on their hands.

Sends a clear message that the NRL have literally No Real Leadership.

It's seriously farcical Mark.

The game is already in serious danger of being taken as a joke without Toddy and his idiot mates letting a club break the salary cap right under their noses while they sit on their hands.

Sends a clear message that the NRL have literally No Real Leadership.

And you'd have to be thinking every CEO would be saying " **** it, if those ****s can do it so can we".

Which basically is great news for clubs such as the Broncos, and terrible news for the likes of Newcastle.

Todd says they can't rush these things. Investigations take time and well....we have to help parra win a premiership before hitting them with a $500 fine.

So patience everyone! - Todd says so.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4