Mark Geyer gives Manly a wrap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was listening to 2SM Talkin' Sport this afternoon.Mark Geyer said Manly will win the Comp if Orford  keeps playing like he did against the Dragons. He went on to say it's looking like the Sharks and Manly may meet in the GF.

I was listening this arvo until I got home (it won't stream for me now at home !!)
Gee Graham Hughes just won't give us any credit at all

I heard on the radio up here on the GC that Scott Sattler reckons that the Warriors are going to beat the Roosters & then roll Manly to set up a Warriors/Broncos GF. The man's got no credibility as he mostly tips against Manly & when he does tip Manly we normally get done so I suppose that is a good sign for us to win in a fortnight. Oh yeah, he also predicted that the Dragons were going to smash Manly last Saturday as well so you can see how good his tipping is.

I can't believe everyone has written off Melbourne after a 3 point loss. No one was interested in anyone other then Melbourne before Sundays loss and now all of a sudden no one wants to touch them. I definately think we can win it, but am not going to write the storm off just yet.

Geyer is a tool, but he speaks what he thinks and has no hidden agendas, which makes a change from some of the media puppets

mcatt link said:
I can't believe everyone has written off Melbourne after a 3 point loss. No one was interested in anyone other then Melbourne before Sundays loss and now all of a sudden no one wants to touch them. I definately think we can win it, but am not going to write the storm off just yet.

I'm not exactly jumping off the storm here, but I will say that I think it will be a lot more difficult to win the comp now that they've got to play sudden death footy from now on.

Manly/Sharks are in the box seat because the week off is a massive, massive bonus.

Four weeks of finals games is a tough ask, and it takes a massive toll on the bodies. And especially when you couple it with the teams that they will face....Melbourne are in for a tough road from here on in. They got physically bashed by the Warriors, and a few little niggles to Lima and suddenly their pack looks far from threatening. The Broncos will bash them as well - another physical and draining match no matter what the result (although I will back the Storm at this stage).

And the Sharks are no different. Very physical, love the wrestling, it's a physically-draining clash. They'll be buggered by the time the GF rolls around. No freshen up weeks. No time to rest guys like Hoffman, Lima, Johnson from their week to week injuries, because if you rest a bloke like Lima and Johnson then your pack goes to sh*t and they might not have a chance at coming back the next week.

In my eyes Melbourne are still favs to win the comp because they're still the best team left out of the six, but they have been brought back to the pack a long, long way. And it's great for Manly.

Couldn't agree more Will, Broncos, then Sharks, then Grand Final. That is a massive task, better them then us.
I'd still like to play them in the grand final. When we beat them it would put all our critics to rest.

DSM5 link said:
Why would the Sharks make the GF?  They've got nothing really.

Anything can happen in Rugby League so on that note, their a chance I guess but personally I can't see them going all the way no.

DSM5 link said:
Why would the Sharks make the GF?  They've got nothing really.

I think the Sharks are like we were last year, spent the whole season around the top of the ladder but no one has really taken any notice of them because of a perception that they are just not good enough. I think they are a better side then they are given credit for, not that i think they will win then comp.

Interesting DSM

You are always saying, and i agree, that defence is the main part of the game to get right

The Sharks have that sorted, and as long as they have that part of their game, they will always be in with a shot

I was at Shark park when we put 30 on them.  Their much vaunted defense wasn't evident then and it wasn't evident last weekend either.  The Raiders were just hopeless.  Cut down Kimmorly's thinking time and they go to ****.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4