Martin Taupau, Nate Myles ready to head up Manly’s recruitment revival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mac Man

Reserve Grader
DEAN RITCHIE
The Daily Telegraph

THEY’RE Manly’s guns for hire — the six tough recruits brought in to put the steel back into the Sea Eagles’ maligned forward pack.

The Daily Telegraph has been granted exclusive access inside the Sea Eagles’ five-day training camp at the Novotel Pacific Bay Resort, Coffs Harbour.

There we found the two firebrands, Marty Taupau and Darcy Lussick.

Then there’s the Queensland hardhead, Nate Myles.

story-fni0cx12-1227644868214

Also arriving at Brookvale is New Zealand hardman Lewis Brown and new hookers Api Koroisau and Matt Parcell.

Throw in young Jake Trbojevic and this Manly pack is full of players who are versatile and can play big minutes.

“The roster that has been put together has a few old heads, a few young heads and, most importantly, it has some size and power. ‘Baz’ (coach Trent Barrett) wants that style of football,” Myles told The Daily Telegraph.

“We have a big job to do, there are a lot of fantastic sides in the competition. But I definitely think the successful sides are running off the back of their forward packs.

“You only have to look at the grand final this year — the two forwards packs there were pretty impressive.

2b2eb0e78e844d2ab7ff49fa1dd96748

New coach Trent Barrett has wasted no time putting his stamp on the club.
“(Taupau) is definitely a key signing. The power that he runs with, the power that he plays with, the energy ... over the last year or two, everyone has visually seen that he plays with his heart on his sleeve. Everyone knows what power he possesses.

“We need to use it the right way, for sure. We will have to be precise with our times when we pick to do things.

“The ability of this outfit, the Manly Sea Eagles, their attitude is enormous, they do everything for one reason and that’s to win.

ce3dc495fe883f2a0577a07edd2b4b22

Martin Taupau has joined Manly from Wests Tigers.
“No doubt that’s why they have been so successful over the last few years. We have a big job to uphold that now.”

The team had an intense training session yesterday at the Novotel resort, which is also home to Laurie Daley’s NSW Blues.

The surroundings were relaxed but the temperature was hot, as was Manly’s physical application. And it was the new-look forward pack leading the way.

d8da0e9899b702216d67f599fc9b2eb6

The club has undergone a training camp in Coffs Harbour.

Taupau already knows his role in the team.

“Run hard, tackle hard, just do my thing,’’ the former fan favourite at the Wests Tigers said. “Bring physicality, do all the hard yards. Roll through the middle with a few of the other boys. Jake Trbojevic, Nate Myles and a few others. It’s exciting for everyone.

“We’ve got a lot of big boys with a lot of heart. Lots of smart players around too. For me, I’ve never played finals football so that’s what I am looking forward to but it is all a work in progress for us at the moment.”

Myles has arrived at his new northern beaches club as his old club, the Titans, .

“We have been going hard now at pre-season training for six weeks and every week I feel luckier and luckier about the option I went with,” Myles said. “I feel better and better about it and we haven’t even played a round yet.”

Great article. Makes me pumped for '16.
A lot of faith being put into our new look forward pack.
Hope we're back on track to our winning ways.

So Zorba has been destroyed and replaced by Zorba!

Maybe he is bipolar..?

I wonder who granted the DT exclusive access and why are they now putting out good news stories about us all the time?

Toovey must be spewing now wondering where all the good news stories were the last couple of years. He never stood a chance with certain people at the club conspiring to assasinate him

Just wondering why the club would spend the money on a camp when you'd think they could go through the same routine at the Narrabeen Academy of Sport.
Seems like a trendy idea or a PR exercise to me.

I wonder who granted the DT exclusive access and why are they now putting out good news stories about us all the time?

Toovey must be spewing now wondering where all the good news stories were the last couple of years. He never stood a chance with certain people at the club conspiring to assasinate him

It's refreshing reading positive stories for a change in lieu of what we have had to put up with for the last 12-18 months

Just wondering why the club would spend the money on a camp when you'd think they could go through the same routine at the Narrabeen Academy of Sport.
I think it's more to get away as a unit from the distractions or comfort of home. Like training etc, but also allows for bonding.

Otherwise you'd never leave Narra...

Have a look at who wrote this story and that will give you some idea of what is going on.

Yes it raises questions when your hear things like 400K per year for hire of Brooky is sending the club broke but we have 10's of thousands if not 6 figures up our sleeve for a week long camp

It is going to take some time for the team to gel. I think if we can win half of our first 10 games and then win 10 of our last 14 that would give us enough wins to get a top 4 birth.

I hope this pack develops into a real feared hunting group.

I want our pack to be so tough and so feared that when they are ready to play.....
they don't even have run out onto the field......the dressing rooms and surrounding buildings collapse then the footy field moves politely over to them!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7