Mason 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Has anyone got any news regarding mason for next year , he's come out and said he wants to play on but who with ? Us...

Id say excactly what we were all saying last year, Willie off the bench for 15 mins each half.
He is punching above expectations this year and has earnt another year, hope its playing out of our run down Brookie Oval.

He started pretty slowly but the last few weeks he has been pretty bloody good. Not his former glory but playing as well as his first year back

I was happy when we signed Willie for this season. After losing Kingdog, Gifty and Watmouth we definitely needed a veteran forward and Willie, for the most part, has given us that. I would also say that he has probably given us more value than what Choc has given the Speels and he's been arguably better for us than Gifty has for Souffs (fair enough, that's mostly due to Gifty being injured or suspended for a fair bit of this season, but still.....).

Would I be prepared to give him another year at Manly? Yeah I would. With Myles coming into the team next year Willie will probably be playing from the bench for us if he's still here. But even though he is past his absolute best, the experience and enthusiasm he brings shouldn't be discounted.

You gotta love willy......
:)
He is totally honest... Gives it his all & tells it like it is. No shying away from controversy.
What you see is what you get.

I think he's doing great this year, and has earned another go around if the body is up to it.. He adds a little humor to the team, and the young blokes seem to look up to him..

Always been a fan of Mason, his off field behaviour has really been over exaggerated when you compare it to many other past and present NRL players/Manly players.

Seems to maintain a fit strong body for a front rower his age which shows his training discipline can't be all that bad(even if he skips sessions) and probably giving better numbers than Jason King in many instances. Leading a small young soft forward pack to usually hit 100-120m and 20 odd tackles shows he is putting in.

Gives some of our younger forwards a little confidence and enthusiasm, I think without his enthusiasm in our low period we might not have seen some of the forwards develop like they have.

I still think our forward pack is soft and needs to be a little more assertive and aggressive but it has improved since that pathetic Cowboys game where they sat back either admiring the Cowboys forward size or no belief they could dominate a quality pack.

Willie is freakin awesome. All our young guys need someone to look up to for experience and calm. He brings humility, humour and a steady head so I say Willie rocks and we can certainly learn from his time in the top grade.

Love willy
Willy needs to be here, we need his leadership and I think jake has grown beyond expectations from him being here
Lurker reckons he won't be at manly but he is a keeper for 1 year as a player and plenty more in a motivational role after he hangs up the boots

I was extremely doubtful about his initial signing but happy to admit I was wrong. Love what he brings to the team. Nuts not keep him for another year. Resign Manly's Willie.

Be good to see him go around again, so he can be a proper sea eagle, not a fly by nighter.

I would give Willie another year, great over the last month, he's enthusiastic and a motivating force. He deserves another year with us, I'll bet the Penns dispense with him, sadly.

He only puts in when he is looking for a contract. Win only match payments is the key to getting the best from him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6