Mason to Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Report that he will sign shortly. He must be on the base wage of $56,000 (I think it is) or else Tigers couldn't afford him, surely.

They got rid of Mitch Brown to alleviate immediate cap pressure so maybe it's two years with a back ended deal.

They do need go forward.

Yes, but they get Ellis and Galloway back.

By my reckoning Tigers should have the same cap pressures as us. They have a lot of highly-paid players.

swoop said:
Ellis is going back to the UK at the end of the year.

Yes I know, but that doesn't help their salary cap this year. Mason must be on rations this year, then grabbing much of Ellis' salary next season.
Comparing Ellis to Mason is like a thoroughbred to a old draught horse.

The Who said:
swoop said:
Ellis is going back to the UK at the end of the year.

Yes I know, but that doesn't help their salary cap this year. Mason must be on rations this year, then grabbing much of Ellis' salary next season.
Comparing Ellis to Mason is like a thoroughbred to a old draught horse.

Off course it does, he was on 300k plus a year I seem to recall.I don't think anyone would pay Mason more than 150k and that's being generous.

Now that the Tigers have withdrawn their interest, Masons career is probably over unless he gets a lifeline from someone else, perhaps he should give Tooves a call we are a bit short of back rowers....

I've spoken to a few former team mates of Big Willie and they all said the same thing. He is extremely popular amongst his team mates and that when he talks to young players in particular he has a great ability to give them confidence. The problem being is that his personality will often lead him to getting offside with the coach and it can split the playing group because a lot of the players would back back Big Willie.

I think if he went to a club that already had a strong leadership group within the club he could still be a success. At this stage though I'm more than happy for another club to take the risk.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7