Mason

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
He is back

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/willie-mason-signed-by-knights-20120418-1x70l.html

I think it will be interesting to see how he goes after 2+ years out of the game (I do not count the ESL and union...)

Inspired or a joke?

I don't think it's a joke considering he's on a match day payment contract, you would think it would bring the best out of him and he'd leave nothing on the field to try and earn a bigger longer term contract.

I know a lot of people don't like Wayne Bennett but he is a no nonsense type of coach, he just might bring out the best out of pencil willie.

KE, loved him at his best for the Blues, but that was, what, near a decade ago. So I don't wish him any ill will. Look at his club track record - it doesn't smell - it is a full on stink. I wanted him with us when the opportunity came up some 5 years ago and I got word of what he is really like. I didn't believe it but it came true (again). He may have mellowed but I honestly can't see this cat having changed his spots looking at his last two years. I'm predicting all tears for the Knights and a quick exit. :)

I'm of the other opinion MB, with the way our forwards stocks have been decimated this year I would of been happy to hear the club had signed him up for the remaining 20 odd games.

With no George, Darcy, and trex and the uncertainty surrounding Glenn....I would have taken the punt on match payments.

I know what ya saying MB, but he still has some of that quality in him, and knows this is the final shot. Will be surprised if he bombs

I think hes the type of guy a team in the dumps need , he will add some fun to training and will try lift the spirits, hes got experiance at all levels also.
I think he will also try make an impact before he hangs up the boots when ever that may be , he will have something to prove, i rekon might not be a bad a buy as some people may think.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Few months on now, and probably up there with the buy of the season imo

Haha - you stalking my comments KE? Good to see that the Knights have the 'best' and legendary Messiah coach on board and with Big Willie are headed for what? Looks like an early Mad Monday to me :p

James Graham is my buy of the season! :)

Kiwi Eagle said:
Few months on now, and probably up there with the buy of the season imo

Haha - you stalking my comments KE? Good to see that the Knights have the 'best' and legendary Messiah coach on board and with Big Willie are headed for what? Looks like an early Mad Monday to me :p

James Graham is my buy of the season! :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6