massive cleanout at season's end

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tick who should be cleaned out

• boyle OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 157 87.7%
  • parker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 95 53.1%
  • cust

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • sipley OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • foran OFF CONTRACT (club option)

Votes: 74 41.3%
  • Suli

Votes: 70 39.1%
  • Fainu

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Marty

Votes: 75 41.9%
  • Croker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 166 92.7%
  • siro OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 82 45.8%
  • Funa OFFCONTRACT (I think)

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Jetski OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 166 92.7%
  • harper

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Walker OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 86 48.0%
  • Jorge OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 147 82.1%
  • garrick OFF CONTRACT

Votes: 70 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I saw this in the rumoured signings thread, I think it was from a scoop by the Mole, in other words just taken from posts here on ST, or totally made up or guessing. Nevertheless given our start to the year, its a distinct possibility.
To whom should we say, 'Thanks for your service, all the best for the future, see ya later'??
I couldn't work out how to list the entire squad in the poll but feel free to comment if you think any others should go, such as DCE, Trbojevics etc !
You can vote for as many as you like

Boyle
Croker
Foran ( body , not ability)
Parker
Garrick
JetSki
Tafua ( loved him, great service to club)
Sirro ( injury prone)

SPEED and POWER on edges please, like all the top sides. It’s not rocket science.
Forwards are ok but need a top line hole running second rower. Davey looks promising but age , injury???
and Walker

The thing with this is price comes into it in this salary cap world.

Walker at 300k...yes
Walker at 500k plus....no

Etc etc etc

Also the cost of replacing those we get rid of.

I'd like to see our youth come through to take those spots e.g. Olakau'atu for Jetski, Schuster for Foran, etc. but if we get rid of Parker, Walker, Garrick etc. who coming through can take their spots? Koula, Tuipulotu, ?

Last edited:
Players on contract will still cost us money, i'm not up for moving them along on unless they ask like AFB and we aren't left holding thin air for our coin. Paying contracts for a player at another club doesn't sit well with me.

We need a more suitable roster for todays 6-again touch footy style - we can carry Suli/Cust/Marty/Harper through their contracts without that being too detrimental imo (just need a couple of them to commit a bit better or improve attitude), let them adjust their play or earnt their keep.

To go, I chose:
Boyle
Parker
Foran
Croker
Siro
Jetski
Walker

Walker was hardest for me, on the back of being played out of position and acting as Mr Fixit - I don't believe he asked to be a 5/8th with Barrett or moved to FB this year, but did it anyway to help the team - and that versatility and selflessness is a quality I like.

One of the major factors has to be durability. Manly for too long have had this injury-prone team without the right fill-ins to plug the gaps - and there are some repeatedly injured players (Siro, Walker, Foran*, Croker, Suli, Parker's concussions, Jetski come to mind). Something about their technique, conditioning or rehab must play a part, and we simply need some durability - every game we drop players, whereas the Storm have virtually a full roster, the Titans only a couple out, the Panthers have gone last 2 games with no injuries etc.
*Foran wasn't exactly injured on our watch, but we all know he is held together with paddle-pop sticks and wood-glue

Kept Garrick on strength of recent couple of games, and Tuipulotu isn't ready yet in my mind, and could be a centre anyway. And the others imo either haven't had the opportunity, or have done nothing wrong.

Could have included Jorge as a release there too, but have a soft spot for the guy. He can be our 18th man who can just be set into exocet missile mode and pointed at the most deserving target (eg Greg Bird stomping Suli... "Jorge, you're on!"..if only it worked that way :D ) Else he likely should go as well...

Boyle - let go (doesn't seem to add much when onfield & is injury prone)

Parker - would love to keep as good clubmen are good to have to balance a squad out, depends on his form the rest of this season

Cust - keep as back up half/hooker

Sipley - keep (replacement for AFB)

Foran - let go (too injury prone & Schuster should have close to a full season under his belt as a backrower so will be battlehardened & ready to start at 5/8th)

Suli - let go (I fear we'll never see him reaching the form he was in at the end of 2019 again)

Fainu - keep if found not guilty, obviously let go if found guilty.

Marty - let go (he'll be looking for a final lucrative contract I think & while it would be nice to keep him let another club finance his retirement)

Croker - let go (nuff said)

Sirro - keep for one more year to help settle our younger players coming through in (Olakau'atu, Sipley etc.)

Funa - keep (deserves more opportunity to prove himself)

Jetski - let go (he tries hard but it hasn't worked, is also injury prone)

Harper - keep (his effort & energy alone means he should be starting somewhere in our backline)

Walker - let go (another one that hasn't worked due to injuries & off field drama)

Jorge - give him a one year contract to help settle our new young backline in)

Garrick - keep (based on his game vs Warriors. If his form continues definitely keep, if it plummets again , let go)

It's annoying that we still don't entirely know what we have in Funa..maybe others on here do.

He has been in and out of the team but has barely ever played in his favoured centre spot.

Maybe Des knows better and he simply isn't up to it..but based on his other head scratching selections that has to be up in the air.

Poll is set to stay open for a few weeks, you can change your votes.
Might be interesting to see if form in the next few weeks changes the results much.

At this stage, I'd offer another deal to Walker - but he still ahs a court case ahead - so only on modest coin, if he wants to take a better offer and leave, that's OK
I'd offer Parker and Croker to stay but only on very low deals, and understanding they may not be playing first grade
Keep Garrick, Funa Sipley Siro
Bye bye Foz, Boyle, Jetski, Jorge

Players on contract will still cost us money, i'm not up for moving them along on unless they ask like AFB and we aren't left holding thin air for our coin. Paying contracts for a player at another club doesn't sit well with me.

We need a more suitable roster for todays 6-again touch footy style - we can carry Suli/Cust/Marty/Harper through their contracts without that being too detrimental imo (just need a couple of them to commit a bit better or improve attitude), let them adjust their play or earnt their keep.

To go, I chose:
Boyle
Parker
Foran
Croker
Siro
Jetski
Walker

Walker was hardest for me, on the back of being played out of position and acting as Mr Fixit - I don't believe he asked to be a 5/8th with Barrett or moved to FB this year, but did it anyway to help the team - and that versatility and selflessness is a quality I like.

One of the major factors has to be durability. Manly for too long have had this injury-prone team without the right fill-ins to plug the gaps - and there are some repeatedly injured players (Siro, Walker, Foran*, Croker, Suli, Parker's concussions, Jetski come to mind). Something about their technique, conditioning or rehab must play a part, and we simply need some durability - every game we drop players, whereas the Storm have virtually a full roster, the Titans only a couple out, the Panthers have gone last 2 games with no injuries etc.
*Foran wasn't exactly injured on our watch, but we all know he is held together with paddle-pop sticks and wood-glue

Kept Garrick on strength of recent couple of games, and Tuipulotu isn't ready yet in my mind, and could be a centre anyway. And the others imo either haven't had the opportunity, or have done nothing wrong.

Could have included Jorge as a release there too, but have a soft spot for the guy. He can be our 18th man who can just be set into exocet missile mode and pointed at the most deserving target (eg Greg Bird stomping Suli... "Jorge, you're on!"..if only it worked that way :D ) Else he likely should go as well...
Agreed that there is no point moving on contracted players unless the situation is untenable or another club is willing to pay full freight or close to it.

Just noticed this from another post and a penny dropped.

How have we never given Morgan Boyle the nickname of "Susan"?

I know some of the players haven't been doing their jobs, but neither have we. I mean, apart from the name, the resemblance is uncanny:

OIP.IvHPN7Ty8yCJcu-pYP8TqAAAAA

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8