massive turning point and no excuses this time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
saturday is a huge game for us in the context of this season
our forwards MUST stand up and we MUST blow them off the park
ie a big scoreline
anything less will be a major problem
actually it would be a disaster

I think if we put in another sub par performance this week there would be something wrong in the camp.

Have to agree. This gives us a chance to start building some really solid momentum. So a win here and a solid win should give us some confidence going forward to push into the finals

It really is so hard to believe we have won just 2 games since demolishing St George in round 9. That was before Origin 1!

Then you weigh up that we are only 1 win out of the top 4 and how well were we going? A couple of wins that got away and we would currently be in the hunt for the minor.

Something just keeps saying this team has what it takes, it just needs to click.

We must win and we must win with a good margin. At the moment our for and against isn't that great (not bad either), but i fell it will come down to F/A this year, we cannot afford to finish in 7th or 8th.

I believe that even with Snake & Wolf out that we have close to the best roster in the competition. Certainly we have the best forward pack on paper and with Lyon, foran, Matai & Robbo fit & firing and it is a backline that is as capable as most.

Our current form is a reflection of a combination of poor decision making, reflected by a steady flow of long range "lucky" tries against us and low confidence, which has manifested in poor enthusiasm & urgency. Add to that a fair sprinkling of bad luck ala the Parramatta forward pass and here we are in 9th place.

The great news is that there isn't a fundamental structural problem with the roster and that the problems above can be rapidly turned around. That must happen this weekend, no excuses, no bad luck......good teams make their own luck!

GJ I agree with you re the confidence and luck stuff.

I can't agree re the best pack though, I reckon Souths have the best pack in the league.

our pack isn't the best around, Penrith smashed holes thru us, at present our backrow is dawdling at best. Choc makes no long runs anymore, Rodney does loads of metres but never looks to pass and Glenn can't beat anyone. This is a reason why we don't get big scores because these 3 rarely get over the try line.

Guy's, I said on paper....they are clearly not performing at the moment. I disagree about the Souths pack. Burgess & Luke are good, but I wouldn't give you 2 bob for Asotasi or Taylor and the others don't rate a mention.

GJ link said:
Guy's, I said on paper....they are clearly not performing at the moment. I disagree about the Souths pack. Burgess & Luke are good, but I wouldn't give you 2 bob for Asotasi or Taylor and the others don't rate a mention.

Aside from Pettybourne every player is an International.

Red Sea Eagle link said:
[quote author=GJ link=topic=184093.msg275695#msg275695 date=1279246734]

[/quote]

So what, as a pack they haven't achieved anything yet. At least the core of our pack has a premiership. Quality on paper is a judgement call, but real achievements will contribute to that judgement and I stand by the statement that it is the best pack "on paper."

Confidence is the key to good performances. Manly has absolutley zilch at the moment. I think the players know that they are one of the best sides in the comp, thery're just struggling at the moment. Individuals out of form doesn't help the side either. e.g Hodkinson, Stewart. But by the business end of the season the team should be firing.

Although the team was firing at the end of last season as well. We smashed the Titans in round 26 and looked the goods. But because we had to play away from home we got spanked the next week and we got kicked out from 5th position.

That's why i think Manly's season might already be over as if we dont win all or nearly all of our remaining games we won't finish in the top 4. And finishing outside the top 4 is not good enough to win the comp.
(excluding parramata last year who were lucky enough to play the chokers in the first round of the semis)

The Panthers have a couple of very young enthuiastic willing props, and it shows in their on field results....add to that Pritchard (who is a bit hot and cold but when he's hot he's very hot) and it's no wonder they are doing well...As I said in a post a few weeks ago the Panthers renind me very much of the 2008 Eagles

GJ link said:
[quote author=Red Sea Eagle link=topic=184093.msg275697#msg275697 date=1279246826]
[quote author=GJ link=topic=184093.msg275695#msg275695 date=1279246734]

[/quote]

So what, as a pack they haven't achieved anything yet. At least the core of our pack has a premiership. Quality on paper is a judgement call, but real achievements will contribute to that judgement and I stand by the statement that it is the best pack "on paper."
[/quote]

Paper means nothing, look at how many of the best teams on paper have never won a premiership.

To me our Front Row (Balin aside) are past their best, and our back rowers are marked men these days. Considering Souths pack is new this year and still getting to know each other (Crockers 2nd game this year last weekend) I reckon they are better.

I do hope I'm wrong and your right though.

Asotasi is way past his best.  Taylor and Burgess are to busy reading about how good they are.  We went through them when  we played them, twice this season. The only forward in Souffs pack who is any good is Luke, and he's the best hooker running around imo.  Our guys, on their day, are as good as any of them.  A couple of wins are what's needed and confidence is the key. 

DSM5 link said:
Asotasi is way past his best.  Taylor and Burgess are to busy reading about how good they are.  We went through them when  we played them, twice this season. The only forward in Souffs pack who is any good is Luke, and he's the best hooker running around imo.  Our guys, on their day, are as good as any of them.  A couple of wins are what's needed and confidence is the key. 

I assume you watched the Dragons match.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4