Massive week ahead

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The vital clash vs the Broncos will most likely seal our fate one way or the other for 2015. Going on last weekends results its the match of the round.

But don't worry about that our season will be derailed today when the sacking of the coach is announced. This announcement has been put on the back burner since March when the decision was made.

Those death riding Toovey and the team sure have impeccable timing.

Indeed another massive must win game if our season is to say alive. I'll be heading up to cheer on the team :) The boys were very up for the Warriors game but I don't know if that will be the case again this Saturday if/when Toovey is sacked today. I'm sure there will be some interesting banners in the crowd.

Will the Penns be hiding behind Zorba at the press conference?

We are no chance, playing the top team after a GIGANTIC effort the week before which would leave any team flat then add another 4 injuries to our list.

If we get within 20 its a good effort

But, this is Manly Fluff. I hope it's a lot closer than that .
Manly of 2013 maybe, or earlier. This team has thrown in the towel a few times, something that Manly fans rarely ever had to suffer through..

But, this is Manly Fluff. I hope it's a lot closer than that .

I know some people expect us to win every game by 50 but realistically this is a bloody tough ask.

Add to the above we have thrown away the home ground advantage and taken this to goshole stadium.

It will take a monumental effort to beat the broncos this week. I have no doubt the spirt of the players will shine through again but how the club handle the next few days will determine a lot of things. Shame this game is not at Brookvale and timely I guess for the board to announce Tooveys sacking this week before there is a game at Brookvale cause I have no doubt the wrath of the fans over this will be in their faces over this decision and the timing of it.

Yeah agreed bob. This is game that decides our season. We lose this one, and the road to the finals is probably a journey too difficult.

The sad thing is we lost a few close games (e.g. cows, dogs) which would have put us in the 8.

I'm betting against us as last week i was 7/8 on my Multi and backed Manly to win and they cost me. This week i bet against Manly and they won and have stuffed my multi again as i have everything else right for the weekend (had cows to beat Parra too).

So for a Manly win i will sacrifice my weekly $10 perfect round multi :p

Yeah agreed bob. This is game that decides our season. We lose this one, and the road to the finals is probably a journey too difficult.

The sad thing is we lost a few close games (e.g. cows, dogs) which would have put us in the 8.

I agree this has cost us this year apart from injuries. You take the Cowboys , both panthers games and our home game against the dogs , we were in a winning position in all those games and just could not finish them off. We could easily be on 26 points and easily in the top 8.

Dragons and Raiders have both very easy runs homes - they play teams below us and unless they both shoot themselves in the foot don't think with our run we will catch them.

Manly Dare Devils by 13+
Chez to show up Bhunt :clap:
Too bad its in Gosford - home ground advantage would have eased the stress of this week :confused:

Manly was supposed to announce 2v's sacking after the Albury game. Does it take another 15 weeks to state the bleedin obvious ? :mad:

I think we will win in a tight one on Saturday , remember our run to the 2008 title we dropped a game to the low placed Souths , think the Broncos will have to have a poor game some time and Saturday will be it.

You think this week is huge try Next week Souths at Brookvale oval on a Friday night where we will show the Penn's what we really think of them and there decision. Plus show how much 2V's means to us.

Finally after our worst lost in 8 years last time we played at Brookvale oval I am sure the boys will want to make a means for it.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4