Matai - Almost a tear jerker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
Ask any non-Manly supporter and they are likely to nominate Steve as the NRL player they "hate".
They say he is a dirty player. The real reason being, of course, is because he is so effective.

well when you are an opposition supporter and the guy keeps smashing your favourite players into oblivion, you'd get mighty pissed off too :D

He really is playing as well as ever.

This refining of his game, which just sounds like maturity to me, has just taken Skivi to another level.

You can still count on a skivi-special - a bell-ringer - at least once a game though. And I hope like hell he remains at Manly a few more years, and finishes here.

You can argue he's the form centre of the comp, and I simply wouldn't swap him for any other number 4 you could name!

I hope he rocks the Scums' world tomorrow.

niccipops said:
All I can say is I :heart: what that man brings to our club and his heart is obviously gold.
Thank you for not giving a flying f... about opinions and for just being you Stevie.

Well said Niccipops, my sentiments exactly. Love Stevie for who he is on and off the field :heart:

And thanks to DY Eagle, HM and BE for posting articles which give such a fascinating insight into Stevie - a Manly legend!

Fascinating must be our word of the week hey @ALinda? Lol.

Heart-warming might be the word for this thread, and I second the thanks for articles that save us searching, or possibly missing out on stories.

Family means a lot to most of us, and it's great to see it means a lot at Manly, too.

RiverEagle said:
Fascinating must be our word of the week hey @ALinda? Lol.

Heart-warming might be the word for this thread, and I second the thanks for articles that save us searching, or possibly missing out on stories.

Family means a lot to most of us, and it's great to see it means a lot at Manly, too.

Ha ha! you're right @RiverEagle. Not a word I generally use but seemed apt and yes word of the week LOL.

Agree would've otherwise not seen those articles if they hadn't have been posted.

Been my favorite player for a while. Love the way he hits hard, runs hard, plays hard..

I have a lot of friends who never liked Manly.

They still might not like manly but they are starting to respect us.

Great story. Makes myself respect the man even more as well.

I reckon we frustrate the hell outta' them @rifraff!

Our long-term success must be a real thorn in their side.

And you can see why rival fans might not like Skivi, but I'd bet they'd love to have him in their side instead!

I reckon that the Warriors have buckley's chance of signing Matai, if he gets homesick after an hour flight to Melbourne :cool:

Hopefully he will be offered a contract that is acceptable and stays :angel:

I hope he gets Dally M centre of the year this year. He's been close for a few years now but has been edged out by Lyon.

There are some things I am sure I am better off not knowing .. Bruce Lee had only one testicle, John Wayne was Gay, details of Nate Miles' bowel movements and that Matai is just a cute loving big teddy bear.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6