Matai No Try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
Here is the problem with the ref having to make a call and then sending it up to the video refs. The ref couldn't see anything yet somehow has to make a call, and then the video refs HAVE to visually see everything.

The benefit of the doubt rule would have worked in Manly's favour here.

Here is a tip, for every try where any team is defending on the line and there is a struggle to get over the line by an attacker, just get 8 other blokes jumping on top so the ref and video refs can't see a thing.

Turning point of the game. Mattai had Jorge unmarked outside him yet went himself. A try then and game over

tookey said:
Turning point of the game. Mattai had Jorge unmarked outside him yet went himself. A try then and game over

The cut out ball was on for Jorge. Yeah matai got a bit greedy. We were also hard done by the video refs. Some weeks they call that a try.

There is no way Matai had time to pass that. The play was a straight line, crash ball. No way he coud have passed it.

Should've been a try.. Massive turning point.

As I said in the game thread,
the 2GB crew were all confidant Matai had scored. The No Try call changed the existing situation in a significant way.

it will be swept under the carpet as the NRL want the bogan bunnies to win

if it were the other way around the footy show on sunday would have to run for an extra half an hour to review the bad decision.

I'm not convinced it was a try the ball got tucked under his arm as it slid over very hard to ground it in that position, i'm sure he was easily over the line though.

The real problem was the onfield referee arrived too late or went to the wrong position to get into a good spot to see. Hopeless.

I don't have an issue with the no try result coming back based on the system this year

I have a huge problem with the contact on Matais head going unpunished though, especially followed by the bull**** on Horo

Why are we even discussing this ? It was a try.

As soon as he called it as no try, I knew what was coming.

But anyone who's eyes aren't painted on knows the truth.

Where's the clever people with a still shot? From where I sat listening on my lounge in the bush I believe he scored.

The system is right, but the on field ref should give benefit of the doubt. On what basis did he say no try??? What did they see? On field refs had it in for us all night. Hope Tooves goes off.

The bottom of the ball definitely touched the grass and slid over the line. It was a try, but I think the refs were trying to keep souths in the match.

I wouldn't be happy if they awarded that against Manly.

No doubt it was a try, but it couldn't be proven.

edit: this is no longer my view after watching it again a few times.

Bit of common sense shouldve came into that call for that try was obvious part of the ball wouldve touched the line.

But that's not football Bob. No doubt it was a try but you are happy so see those not given?

Your point pretty much makes a point that something needs to change in the process. I think if a ref puts his hand up and says neither refs or touchies can give any thoughts to the matter, then it goes upstairs. Upstairs refs should still have the benefit of the doubt ONLY when refs make no call.

This doesn't leave the on field refs to hang out to dry either, for any bad decision they do make CAN be overturned by upstairs refs seeing evidence on replay.

No common sense tells you he was over the line common sense does not explain how the position of the ball in his arm was able to touch the ground.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4