Matai out for at least Two weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sea Eagles centre Steve Matai is facing up to three weeks on the sideline after being charge with a grade 4 careless high tackle for his hit on Panthers forward Danny Galea.
Matai was put on report after knocking Galea out in a big tackle in the 66th minute of Sunday's 22-4 loss at Centrebet Stadium.

The Kiwi international will miss two weeks if he takes the early guilty plea or three weeks for an unsuccessful challenge.
One prior similar offence and a prior non-similar offence don't help Matai's cause, with 70 per cent loading applied to this charge.
Asked about the tackle after the game on Sunday, Manly coach Geoff Toovey suggested the tackle may have slipped up as the hit was made.
"I thought initially there was contact with the ball," he said.
Matai and the coaching staff are considering their options. They have until midday Tuesday to make their decision.

Two weeks means he is out till June 10.
That's just one match because of the bye.
He'd be free to play Melbourne on June 18.

If they means two matches then why do they not say it?

It was careless. He wouldn't have needed to adjust the tackle much for it to have been legally effective.

Two weeks is a good result.

Yeah I'm happy with 2 weeks because when I first saw it I thought he was in big trouble.
Gee we are going to have a fresh side come finals time.

The Who said:
Two weeks means he is out till June 10.
That's just one match because of the bye.
He'd be free to play Melbourne on June 18.

If they means two matches then why do they not say it?

It will be two matches, not two weeks, the bye is irrelevant.

Live at the game I thought it was just a good clean shot, and having seen replays on TV since I have no reason to change my view. There is no way it was worse than Pritchards shoulder charge on the Penrith player in Rd1, and should be dealt with the same. 1 week would have been sufficient, and I hope this doesnt deter him from being the Steve Matai we all love.

Two is fair, can't argue with that at all. Nothing malicious in the tackle, just misjudged his swing & went a little high with his hand.

Two week early plea, hard luck mate. I think his D is fantastic, and thats what I love the most from the current crop of Eagles their aggresive D.

I love Shoulders Matai - legend...

With his record I'm surprised it isn't more but 2 weeks is ok under the circumstances. It's a good thing we have Whare to cover his position.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2