Matai out injured again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

From today's Manly Daily

Incumbent Jason King is tipped to get the nod in the starting line-up, with recruit Josh Perry set to make his club debut off the bench.

Hooker Matt Ballin should be named at No 9, with Heath L'Estrange missing out.
In the backs, centre David Vaealiki will start alongside Steven Bell with Steve Matai out injured.

WTF is wrong with Matai now? 

Spoke to Steve at the fan day he is out until Round 4, had an operation to overcome the neck/shoulder injury that plagued him last year

Not happy about Vaealiki starting.  This is when we miss not having a proper 5/8 as we would be better off moving Lyon to centre to cover Matai.

Expect Matai to miss at least 50-80% of the season. He's already missed 15-20% now not including finals.

THIS is the reason he's both a waste of money and a liability.

Ryan it wasnt that long ago you were questioning Brett Stewarts contribution to the side because you claimed he was an injury liability.
Players get injured, it happens. 

Matai has had 1 bad season injury wise out of 3

His 1st year he played 9 matches, which would have been available all the time
Year 2 24/26 for the season
Then last year where he missed a bit of footy

If Cuthbertson cops a bad injury this year maybe he should be thrown out the door too eh

Have you taken into considerations suspension in all that Kiwi?
Yeah, he gets injured a bundle, but he gets suspended a fair bit as well.  Then I look at his off field issues to boot. Now, if you say he's already going to miss 4 games and 2 trials this year, I'd assume that's 2 straight years littered with injury.

Suspensions would indicate themselves in the games played

It was the clubs decision that he would miss the start of the season, they could have booked him in for the surgery whenever they wanted, but they both chose to play on.

4 weeks out of a 24 games + finals isn't too bad.

Fair enough. I WILL say that when he's on the park, he's an asset. It's his ability to get there is the problem in my book.

i dont even think hes an asset when plays.. just because he makes a good hit in defence here and there doesnt mean he has  good defence. He gets caught out and gets exposed by a decent centre 1 on 1.

Id rather we play him at lock.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8