Matai - staying or going?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought word from the street was that Matai was to give way for Burgess coming over. Anyone heard anything about that? Will he be here in 2015?

Spoke to him yesterday, he is still undecided. He was never going to the Titans though, he laughed at that write-up. He was a bit underwhelmed at Manly's offer so far, but he still loves it at Manly. I think he'll stay after talking to him, provided Manly add a few more $$ to their initial offer.

We will probably give him some of Foran's money when he signs with Parra. Also an upgrade for snake as well

Spoke to him yesterday, he is still undecided. He was never going to the Titans though, he laughed at that write-up. He was a bit underwhelmed at Manly's offer so far, but he still loves it at Manly. I think he'll stay after talking to him, provided Manly add a few more $$ to their initial offer.
I hope you are right and actually know Steve, but what you say about Manly needing to up its offer confuses me; why would the club recruit a player like Burgess who is probably surplus to our needs rather than use that money to top-up Steve's contract? It doesn't make sense. Everyone knows Steve's worth to our club.

We will probably give him some of Foran's money when he signs with Parra. Also an upgrade for snake as well

Reckon we'll see articles and quotes about how he ummmmed and arrrrrrrred over the decision?

The decision and actual signing happened months ago imo.

I won't be believing those articles when they come out, put it that way.

I hope you are right and actually know Steve, but what you say about Manly needing to up its offer confuses me; why would the club recruit a player like Burgess who is probably surplus to our needs rather than use that money to top-up Steve's contract? It doesn't make sense. Everyone knows Steve's worth to our club.
I guess we'll see soon enough whether Burgess is surplus to requirements or not. However, with our front row struggling at the end of the season & with Kingdog retiring I think he won't be.

Ummm Burgess was signed to replace Tetevano......it has no impact on Matai

And he is dtill contracted this year do we are talking 2016

I'm hearing the opposite. I've been told he is not happy at manly ( mainly contract issues ) feels his worth more then what they are paying and wants out.

I prefer you're info !!

I guess time will tell. However my concern is that if there is a handful of main players not happy ( as reported ) if they do play this year what commitment will they play with ???

We saw the difference between manly foran ( last 8 weeks 2014 ) & nz foran in the tournament.

I think the number of players who may kick up a stink is very small now the ringleader is in Parramatta. Matai will be let go at the end of this year me thinks, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in him or he would have signed that HUGE deal from the Warriors or the Titans or the Eels or whoever has been reported to be throwing the big money around.

What I find interesting is that the telecrap has been changing their Eels write ups lately to make it sound like they are leaning towards resigning Sandow (because he stopped eating bread @:D).

Sounds like Matai is the meat in the sandwich with these contract negotiations. Can't begrudge him for trying to earn a crust though.

he is still undecided. He was never going to the Titans though, he laughed at that write-up.

Wasnt it Matai who said he was considering the Titans option at the Computer Game Press thing with DJ Jazzy Jeff and Vanilla Ice.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7