Matai suspension

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Will the NZ Tests in the 4 nations count count towards Matai's suspension?  Was he named in their squad prior to his suspension being named?  Has our CEO even looked at this?

Also, do trials count for 1 or 2 games?  Would be good to start with Glenn Stewart next year.  And Watmough might get slapped a few weeks too.

If he is named in the squad they may count.

I read something about us possibly being able to apply for a dispensation if he would have been chosen if available. He is named in a train on squad but you would have to think he won't be named in the full squad now he is suspended

Glenn will be on deck round 1, he has 2 to serve and 2 trials will take care of that

If he's named in the train on squad and was in their last Test side, you'd think we should have 3-4 games taken off.  Don't hold your breath though.

In some circumstances it will count. I would say they may knock some off because of them. There is precedent for it too.

Dan link said:
In some circumstances it will count. I would say they may knock some off because of them. There is precedent for it too.
  Assuming front office are pro-active enough to pursue it.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
If he is named in the squad they may count.

I read something about us possibly being able to apply for a dispensation if he would have been chosen if available. He is named in a train on squad but you would have to think he won't be named in the full squad now he is suspended

Glenn will be on deck round 1, he has 2 to serve and 2 trials will take care of that

KE is right.
The original ruling was that they wouldn't count.
Matas, he was named in the squad after he was suspended.
Manly are probably in a position to seek dispensation for these matches. Whether that will be granted I doubt anyone knows at this point. Deep down I don't think so. My guess is that they would like to teach him a painful lesson.

mr seagles link said:
NO IT DOESNT COUNT YOU FOOLS>>>>>>>hes still letting hes team down 2012 and BEYOND........
Did'nt know it was 2011 this year!!
You continue to embarrass yourself you idiot.
Seagles can you answer the following:
a)Are you under the age of 12
b)Are you mentally retarded
c)Are you just a complete idiot

I'm thinking C

I'm breaking a golden rule here by responding to this clown. People like him get their kicks from others responding to their crap. A bit like lighting the fuse and seeing what happens. And no, not everyone's opinion deserves respect. Respect is earned, and he hasn't done that. If everyone ignores him, he'll eventually drift off and pursue some other means of getting his thrills.

In relation to Matai, the administration would be failing in its duty of care to field the best team possible if it didn't pursue every avenue to reduce his time off the field.

Merdy33 link said:
I'm breaking a golden rule here by responding to this clown. People like him get their kicks from others responding to their crap. A bit like lighting the fuse and seeing what happens. And no, not everyone's opinion deserves respect. Respect is earned, and he hasn't done that. If everyone ignores him, he'll eventually drift off and pursue some other means of getting his thrills.
I think it's easier to just kick his ass out.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Merdy33 link=topic=185300.msg293994#msg293994 date=1284294743]
I think it's easier to just kick his ass out.
[/quote]

This too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8