Matai swinging arm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Did anybody notice it ? It was on Tate apparently

I didn't personally, but a couple of Warriors fans have mentioned it, and that was backed up by the bloke on the ABC saying that the ref missed it but it may be looked at tomorrow

Matai tackles on Tate just before half time that stopped a certain try was a beauty.  Once again Matai added some mongrel to our team unlike some of our other forwards

I don't know if the brace would help mata, no expert on a prolapsed disc, but i think Tates has more to do with nerves

In the article i posted up earlier it sounds like he will have surgery on his neck after the season, i just can't understand why it wasn't done last year at the same time his shoulder was done

It might have been the shot he put in the first half after the ball had cleared. Reminded of the penalty he gave away against the Saints, where they got a complete set of six before the touchie came in and then they got the penalty. I remember thinking, "Bollocks! Here we go again" but the refs didn't seem to have a problem with it and neither did the commentators. Game just moved on.
Again, Matai did some good things out there today. Some of his hits were awesome, and he kept Tate, a very good centre, very quiet. I love the way he plays but his reputation often precedes him and there's no doubt the refs keep a closer eye on him than they do on other players . . .

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I don't know if the brace would help mata, no expert on a prolapsed disc, but i think Tates has more to do with nerves

In the article i posted up earlier it sounds like he will have surgery on his neck after the season, i just can't understand why it wasn't done last year at the same time his shoulder was done
Tate gets a pinched nerve from his nexk hyper-extending.  but surely the brace would assist Matai in keeping his neck straight and would also cushion some of the blows?

Matai was one of the few stars out of that mess of a match. Incredible try save, great hits and kept the niggle out.

I doubt he will even get a mention in the reports.

Kite will probably get a week.

even i have to admit Matai was good yesterday

Not many centres would have been able to stop Tate that close to the line. That was a match winning tackle. He also pulled off a massive hit on someone else too.

Add to that the fact that he made quite a few good hit ups when our forwards went missing at times.

He still rushed out at least once, but he was one of the very few that was awake and firing, and it took guts to keep putting on hits with his neck in pain again

You might recall Bell rushed out of the line for their first try but I don't hear/see any critiques of that effort.

The Wheel link said:
You might recall Bell rushed out of the line for their first try but I don't hear/see any critiques of that effort.

We were too busy wondering why Bell persists in half-paced running across the field flapping his arms every time he has the ball.. 

Don't get me started on Bell. Since he is already leaving at the end of the year I am keeping my silence.

I wish he would just get the ball and run straight at the line, every time he runs straight with a wind up he looks dangerous, and usually carries 3  blokes on his back.

There is a lot wrong with Bell, but when Bell is bad he doesn't often cost us too many tries

Went to the game at Mt Smart, first time i've been to see the boys in flesh! 

Honestly thought Matai had a very good game, that tackle on Tate was sensational, happened on the other side of the ground to where I was and it looked like there were two others with him to make the tackle that was until they replayed it on the screen.  His go forward is a bonus, only if Bell could run as straight and as hard as he does....

And can't not comment on the hit he put on, I initially thought it was on Tuimavave but then again I have been wrong before!  Brut Big Hit for sure.  Even the warriors fans were very appreciative of the tackle!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2