• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
You have to admire his courage but I do hope he sees reason and books in for surgery this week.  The kiwis aren't going to win the cup so what's the point in him doing further damage and putting off the inevitable to the point where it impacts on Manly 2009?

Perhaps the judiciary will make the decision for him.  Was great to see Gallen floored.  dirty grub.

Matai.....shoulder.....permanent injury.......09 season........dickhead..........what more can I say.

If Kearney and Bennett persist with the defensive pattern from last night get Matai out of there asap, what a ****en joke. He had a poor match, but is hard to look good when the structure has the opposition getting 2-3 man overlaps at will

what the **** was he doing playin on the wrong side
are they high
look at how folau played and then look at how he shut him down in the GF.
the should play ropati out of position not steve.

poor bugger worst game ive seen him play for a long time but he never had much of a chance.

I don't know why people say Matai contained Folou in the GF.  Folou looked the only Storm player likely to score and turned Matai inside out several times. 

Kiwi Eagle link said:
If Kearney and Bennett persist with the defensive pattern from last night get Matai out of there asap, what a F**ken joke. He had a poor match, but is hard to look good when the structure has the opposition getting 2-3 man overlaps at will

Benji "form of his life" Marshell was mia :)

Although can not do much with a half back that is probably reserve grade standard at best inside him.  Poor buggar.  Get Luke in the side asap and a new half.

I thought Matai was ordinary last night but he was also below par in the Grand Final. He missed many tackles dropped the ball two times and put it out twice in that game. He is obviously injured and playing on guts.  Part of the issue last night was playing on the wrong side. Despite Sterling's comments, they are different positions when you have a serious shoulder injury.

Garts link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178843.msg201961#msg201961 date=1225059071]
If Kearney and Bennett persist with the defensive pattern from last night get Matai out of there asap, what a F**ken joke. He had a poor match, but is hard to look good when the structure has the opposition getting 2-3 man overlaps at will

Benji "form of his life" Marshell was mia :)

Although can not do much with a half back that is probably reserve grade standard at best inside him.  Poor buggar.  Get Luke in the side asap and a new half.
[/quote]

LOL, well, i was talking about Marshall, not Marshell. He still was the only 1 that looked dangerous, the 2 times in the match he touched the ball

Was a farken soft effort from our forwards, gave the backs no hope

Jeremy Smith wold have been a better replacement for Beaver instead of Williams. He's an aggressive buggar.

Why doesn't the club have an influence with Stevie?  Surely he should be taking the off season to get his shoulder and other parts in order for 09.  Just who pays the season's wages for this idiot?  Williams?  we'll have to see whether Des gets some mileage out of this big guy.

It has been stated many times by the club they support him playing, they obviously feel that his injury will be fine for 09 and he can get sorted after the World Cup.

Haha, with the way they had the team last night, i would rather he was out !!!

The real conflict of interest for me is hoping Kite, Perry and Stewart have good games without damaging us too much !!!

I can not understand why Luke and Inu were not in the team.  Luke is a great player and has creativity they need.  Whilst Inu had a quit season so did the whole Parra team, the selectors know what he is capable of.  Gee your selectors are stupid Kiwi.

I also think that's it with matai's injuries i can't see him recovering.Des i think it's time for tony williams & lyon in the centres with bailey at 5/8.

You blokes are kidding (DSM and Pontian).

DSM do you really think that if his injuries were that bad that the club would allow him to play. They are obviously aware of them and are happy for him to continue. Get a grip.

And to suggest replacing Matai in the centres, when he was without question one of our best ALL year is a joke of the highest order

clontaago link said:
You blokes are kidding (DSM and Pontian).

DSM do you really think that if his injuries were that bad that the club would allow him to play. They are obviously aware of them and are happy for him to continue. Get a grip.

And to suggest replacing Matai in the centres, when he was without question one of our best ALL year is a joke of the highest order

Hey this is from the same person who thinks the Dally M player of the year should now be retired and we should have 17 Luke Williamson's running around each week. 

Dribblers

And why would we move Lyon, one of our best players in the last 3rd of the season, and one of our biggest improvers in a new position??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6