• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gomanly

Reserve Grader
As much as i love the guy, I can not see him getting an extension on his contract (which I do not know when it expires) he is injury prone and quite frankly after watching him go around this year, we have better options.
He should go to England to prolong his career.

he's going better and better now. if he doesn't go down clutching his neck at some stage he hasn't been trying hard enough it seems.

he's a big match player and here's hoping he has some bit matches coming up to do the business in.

I think Matai is highly valued in the team for his hard running from dummy half.

Personally I would like to see a bit more actual quality centre play from him, you know breaks and setting up tries. Sometime he can throw a good pass to the winger.

Anyway I doubt Manly won't try to keep him

if he runs hard and straight, he is a good player

if he pretends to be a ball player he is atrocious

if he connects with a hit out of the line he is good

if he misses he is atrocious and puts the rest of the team under pressure.

This makes him a hit and miss 50/50 player and on average he is not outstanding and not terrible....the things he does well he does do well and the things he does poorly he makes a mess of

Injury prone?  How many games has he missed to injury?  He clutches his shoulder a lot but he's out there most weeks.

Another **** judge of football talent. He is one of our best, the coach and management see it, but some knobs just cant.

clontaago link said:
Another S**t judge of football talent. He is one of our best, the coach and management see it, but some knobs just cant.

Jeez, a bit rough! Just someone's opinion

how about Brett Stewart, he has been so down on form recently, i don't reckon we should drop him, rip up his contract and show him the door! Oh wait we're not Roosters, Broncos, Dragons, Souths or Newcastle. Get behind the guy instead of always bringing people down

It's repetitive and gets annoying.

In 2007 it was DSM5 giving it to him constantly, 2008 it was Dan, now he has a couple of quiet games (mind you he still averages more metres than most of forwards) and he is being shipped off to England.

He has more than a few years left in him at the Eagles.

I assume you are the number one ticket holder of the Matai fan club Clon ? But you are right, he has been one of our most consistent this year and a key part of our team I reckon. Took me a while to warm to him, but last year and this year we have seen what he is capable of. Gotta give the guy some credit, he has been playing with what looks like a fairly debilitating injury but toughs it out each week. He deserves his spot and I really hope that he can get his neck/shoulder right in the off season and we see him playing at full potential next year.

I thought I was the number 1 Matai man C&C :p

Anyway, on the original post

We lack depth in the centres, and we have a suggestion that we flick off a 24 year old International centre ?

Can only assume the user name applies to Fulton the player, not Fulton the coach

If we get rid of him, who's going to get us out of our end after our pitiful kick returns? He makes so many important metres out of half where most centres who try to do the same thing make 2 or 3.

Watch any big game involving Manly over the last 3 or so years and you will see Matai feature heavily with strong running and fierce defense. He always lifts for the big games.

In 2007 Matai had many problems in his game that  have been fixed up, all good.  Matai's been good for us this season and the end of last years.  I acknowledged that.  However Dan is correct in his assessment of his strengths and weaknesses.  I think he's been quiet of late, but as Pepi said, he's a big game player, so I'm expecting him to improve his involvement.  Nor Dan or I have said that the club should flick him Kiwi.  I hope you're not lumping me in with all the other 'knobs' on this post Clon.  

Fulton the good thing about saying something true is watching it happen.

You, darren and I copped crap but what we were saying was right.

Solidarity brother

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6