• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Small snippet in todays Manly Daily that Matai  has re signed now that Bailey has gone and freed funds under the cap  :D

No mention of Foran however  :(

The Wheel link said:
Small snippet in todays Manly Daily that Matai  has re signed now that Bailey has gone and freed funds under the cap  :D

Did they say how long he signed for?

Joe Kramer link said:
Some people wll be delighted

Cheers

You can count me as one of those people. Yes, he has some discipline issues, but he has mongrel and that intimidation factor that has the opposition looking up every time they catch the ball.

Ralphie link said:
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185820.msg303569#msg303569 date=1287696191]
Some people will be delighted

Cheers

You can count me as one of those people. Yes, he has some discipline issues, but he has mongrel and that intimidation factor that has the opposition looking up every time they catch the ball.
[/quote] John Hopoate had that intimidation as did Les Boyd but then they become liabilities and these days with salary caps we can't afford to have a player with such tendencies. People tend to equate intimidation with cheap shots I equate it with Igor and Tooves they were tough and intimidating but never cheap shot merchants

Cheers

Moondog link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=185820.msg303567#msg303567 date=1287695898]

Did they say how long he signed for?
[/quote]

No, but the deal has been done for a while but couldn't be signed off as it could not fit under the cap - from memory 3 years was atalked about some months ago

Does Mattai's contract start from round 5 next year when he is able to actually play again?

And hopefully it has penalty clauses to deduct amounts off his salary every time he is suspended.

Ralphie link said:
Some people wll be delighted

Cheers

[/quote]
Looking up to see what direction the swinging arm is coming fron ;)

anyone really know when his suspension ends ?
from memory he got 7 weeks, missed the semi v goons then there are 3 official trials so that would  make it back in rd4 is that right ?

he was in the NZ squad wasn't he and would be one of the first centres picked, do these games he would have played count towards his suspension?

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
anyone really know when his suspension ends ?
from memory he got 7 weeks, missed the semi v goons then there are 3 official trials so that would  make it back in rd4 is that right ?
Can only count 2 trials and the four nations does not count as he was not eligble to be selected because he was suspended. They tightned that loophole,remember the queenslanders picking tba so the suspended player missed the broncos game. If I remember it was Lote.

Cheers

We are entitled to put in a submission for some dispensation in regards to the likelihood he would have been selected for the Kiwis

Whether we have done that or not yet I don't know

There is no chance they will count NZ games because he would of been picked,can you imagine the loophole that would create. Next year in SOO time the broncos could use the same excuse regarding lockyer or the storm with smith as they are as much certainities for qld as matai is for nz http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-sport/manlys-matai-cops-sevenweek-suspension-20100907-14yuh.html a link regarding his suspension. As for TBA it was Lote tba was named on the wing and he served his ban for the broncos.

Cheers

Joe Kramer link said:
[quote author=Ralphie link=topic=185820.msg303571#msg303571 date=1287696451]

Cheers

[/quote] John Hopoate had that intimidation as did Les Boyd but then they become liabilities and these days with salary caps we can't afford to have a player with such tendencies. People tend to equate intimidation with cheap shots I equate it with Igor and Tooves they were tough and intimidating but never cheap shot merchants

Cheers
[/quote]

Are you implying Matai is a cheap shot merchant ?

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185820.msg303582#msg303582 date=1287705472]
[quote author=Ralphie link=topic=185820.msg303571#msg303571 date=1287696451]

Cheers

Cheers
[/quote]

Are you implying Matai is a cheap shot merchant ?
[/quote] I'm not impling it I'm shouting it,I know people on this forum love him for his tough play,but I don't see it that way tough players to me are and were Toovey, Igor, I would also say Menzies. The truth is we have invested 3 year deal in a player that if he steps out of line again then we will be missing him for the best part of a season.

Cheers

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7