• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

the mauler

Bencher
Dont know what everyone else thinks,but i cant wait to see my fave manly player get back out there on sat night and do what Matai does best-Smash people! Also luv those runs of his from dummy half. With choc out we will really need his aggression 2 lead the way against gallen,smith and co.Just hope hes learnt from his latest suspension and doesnt overstep the mark.
  Go the Truck!!!!         

If he played last week we would have won. I can't wait to see him rip in and tighten up that left edge.

the mauler link said:
Dont know what everyone else thinks,but i cant wait to see my fave manly player get back out there on sat night and do what Matai does best-Smash people! Also luv those runs of his from dummy half. With choc out we will really need his aggression 2 lead the way against gallen,smith and co.Just hope hes learnt from his latest suspension and doesnt overstep the mark.
   Go the Truck!!!!         

I agree with all except the fave player bit. He is second behind Brett Stewart for mine.

He treads a fine line.  When he's on the right side he's brilliant, when not can cost us.

He seems to go overboard when he gets involved in niggle and backchatting with the ref etc.  When he focussed totally on the opposition he's devastating.

Seeing michael ANUS get belted was worth the suspension though. Hard to resist an opportunity like that.

Similar to Snake, having him on the field lifts the Seaeagles team. The massive hits have the opposition players wishing he was off the field.....

Can't wait to watch him play. Don't expect any big hits but he will do the job and tighten his side of the field. Predict that he will impress in attack. Not that I bet, but he is a good thing to score first, second, third, fourth or last try.

I can't wait for the return of Matai. I am thinking he will have a blinder

Regarding the above clip:

Yep, that will turn a game on its head and psych a team up.

I now understand why Des perseveres with Steve and is willing to live with (and work with) the risk of losing Steve in suspensions. The pluses of risking Steve far out weigh the minuses; and if Des doesn't have a Steve playing like this Manly lose some of their intimidation factor. But with every big hit and aggressive run, there is a cost... and Des has counted that cost, and smiled, and then he rolls the dice.  ;D

I also think Choc WOULD have benefited from Stevies return this week. They are good mates and work very well with each other in defence and attack.

Great clip that one!! Stevie really smashes blokes, I would hate to play him and there isn't an Nrl player that wouldn't be thinking about getting smashed by a Matai Missile when he hits the ball up against the mighty Sea eagles.

MY F*CKING GOD respect for MATAI has risen x100 after watching that clip.

What period did he have his head shaved? He put on some hard hits that season.

Seeing that last hit against the cowboys makes me think he'd cut guys in half aiming up under their rib cage ala BEAVER and CEMENT.

tbc

Love how Matai has the opposition looking over their shoulders in fear, have to admit he's one of my favourites. I'm hoping he isn't down on match fitness, ergo bad timing and lazy head high tackles.

We would have won the last two matches we lost with him out there.  I just hope he doesn't run out of the line and miss on Saturday, or get sucked in and go high.  He's a match winner and needs to control the aggro and smash the flakes legally. 

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8