matai?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
I missed a couple of short periods in the game and havent had a good look at the Matai tackle?Any ideas on what suspension will be.Anything above grade 1 and it will be 8 weeks with his record.

if Wolf is also out we will lose their power returns out of dummy half which is absolutely vital,given our big man go forward can struggle at times. Matai is far more important to us than he gets credit for and with Hoppa also out our backline starts to lose it's shine.

The bunnies game after the bye will be real tough if matai,wolf out although Taylor will be a huge loss for them.VIP to win that game as away gainst penrith and knights with injuries/suspensions will be difficult.We need to stick with the other top sides as 4th or 5th is usually a deathknell as we have found plenty of times in the past.

also heard Glen may have picked up a nasty injury.any more on that?

The Matai shot (basically a swinging arm to a player already on the ground) didn't look good, but I'm hoping he might get off because he didn't actually make any contact with the head. The replays made it very hard to tell, which could go in his favour. What won't go in his favour is his reputation and record at the judiciary.
No idea what he was thinking.

The contact was on the shoulder. If he is suspended it is purely on the basis of his reputation.

I guess every team has one.
We have Skivvy!

For us, I love his style of play - up in your face, gains 15m from dummy-half AND every other team (fan) hates him!
Sure, he gets lazy (and silly) but I think he was ok on that swinging arm - it missed!

I will take the blame for his brain explosion as I was telling my son that he was a reformed man and had only given away one penalty since his return from suspension, then all hell broke loose. He treads a fine line and he crossed it last night, he connects with that second swinging arm and we were down to 12 men.

I'd like to agree with you bones, but on last nights effort, I just shake my head. On a night when all players needed to be smart, play tough and go forward, Matai chooses to put on a stupid shot. Penalties are killers in this game and to give away a cheap one, when we're down their end, was high on the inexcusably stupid scale. I wonder what goes through their heads, when they must know they're not going to get away with that sort of stuff, what with video refs.

Still on Matai... a real fave of mine.... but

HE'S A HOG!

Rarely does he pass the ball to Robbo. And the only time he does, Robbo gets a hospital pass and gets flattened.

Was the Matai incident any different to Haynés elbow against Canberra? Hayne didn't get cited, presumably because he didn't come in contact with the head, just like Matai.

my guess is they will throw the book at him regardless of contact or not.they know that with the exception of Manly supporters everyone wants to see the back of him and as such he is an easy 'kill " for gallop and his merry band of fools.

on the flip side he must be close to finished with us if he gets a long stint.i love his play but what goes on in his head.all of a sudden the nightmares of last year with injuries and suspension are threatening to derail us.needs good leadership from here on in to stop any rot setting in.kingy was great but i have a feeling he will be cited and stupid acts like that don't help us given he is co captain.

bye is well and truly needed.

If Matai gets rubbed out of the game I hope he takes a few opposition players with him by rubbing them out permanently his way.

Its a game of footy. They don't wear dresses. SM hit a bloke on the ground. Penalty sufficient in my opinion.

You cannot blame the players for getting frustrated at bad calls and lashing out.

Gallop and co want him out of the game and will take this chance if they can.We are the last club they will show mercy too.havent seen tackle yet but f he came within a yard of the bloke's head he will be gone for 6.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
If Matai goes so should Fein who got Brett high earlier on as well strait on the cheekbone

100%.

Although I cant defend the lack of stupidity and poor discipline

I don't think Matai has much to worry about with the shot on the ground. He might cop a small charge for when he hit him again in the head when it bounced off his shoulder when he took the kick though. Unfortunately for him, any small charge is going to result in time due to his record.

Fein should also be cited for a tackle he made on Snake later in the game. Fien had his arm around Snake's neck and back slammed him into ground and as he did forced his head up onto his chest.

In my opinion that is a grapple tackle and extremely dangerous.

Ironic that the 'NZ international' Fein was at the post-match conference on what he said to the ref about the Stanley second try incident. Anyone would think he was Mr Clean Fein.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7