• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just a point on Matai, a commentator (Smith I think) mentioned in the replay of his try that he is a very good player but people's thoughts are clouded by some of the silly things he does.

So when was the last time Steve did something "silly". It would have to be a few years ago. Perhaps as long ago as the period Gallen was doing "silly" things.

Strange how some players a forgiven for past mistakes while others are not.

Utility Player said:
Just a point on Matai, a commentator (Smith I think) mentioned in the replay of his try that he is a very good player but people's thoughts are clouded by some of the silly things he does.

So when was the last time Steve did something "silly". It would have to be a few years ago. Perhaps as long ago as the period Gallen was doing "silly" things.

Strange how some players a forgiven for past mistakes while others are not.
Often the commentators are anti- Manly imo but on this occasion I think he was pretty fair. The thing is, Matai plays the game with aggression & ANY player who does this will get extra attention, particularly wearing Maroon/White. He was more giving Matai credit for his ability here.
Opposition supporters are always calling him a dirty player ect but fact is the same ppl would love him in their side today.
In a game going soft would not want Steve to play any other way.
Matai scares opposition players & fans & thats a good thing.

His last 2 or 3 years have been pretty clean but his rep will never leave him.

I don't really care as long as he keeps playing good footy for us and he is playing his best footy ever this year imo.

I think it was Brandy that was blowing his load over Matai's left foot step(and quite rightly so!), but then thru in something like you forget how good he is as a footballer when other things overshadow his game. What made me laugh, was near the end, Brandy and Smith work themselves into a excited frenzy over Matai going looking for Allgood in the return clash! Talk about double standards....:s

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8