Matai's first point of contact

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
[attachment=504]

Still from the replay shows first point of contact about 4 inches below being dangerous.

Attachments

• Doc2.docx
    5.4 KB · Views: 143
There was a high shot from ryan james today that was 100 times worse and didnt go on report. Nor did the knights player roll around waiting to sprout fairy wings either

If it was any other player we wouldn't of even heard about the tackle. If Matai gets any time it's an absolute joke.

It was a legit hit and big george fell like a big bag of **** and then lay down like a big pussycat .

Saw a headhigh from T-Rest against the Sharks today. Just a penalty awarded and nothing more was said - by Hadley. He'd still be going if it was Matai.

niccipops said:
Great pic Fluffy. I'm sure Manly's legal team will have that kind of evidence to present.
If Stevie gets suspended for this Silvertails are welcome to join my loungeroom protest.

Do we need to bring rulers ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
niccipops said:
Great pic Fluffy. I'm sure Manly's legal team will have that kind of evidence to present.
If Stevie gets suspended for this Silvertails are welcome to join my loungeroom protest.

I'll bring my tape measure.

I think there is no doubt the first point of contact was ok but Ray Warren was saying in the coverage that that is not an excuse.

From what I can gather the fact that he hits the ball first helps re the grading but doesn't mean the tackle is not regarded as a high shot because there was contact with the head and it could be regarded as careless/reckless.I hope that is not the case.Does anyone know the exact rule in these cases?

A player is guilty of misconduct if he:

(b) when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle
makes contact with the head or neck of an
opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly.

Jeez I struggle to see how that comes under any of those. It isnt intentional. It isnt careless and it isnt reckless. It is completely and utterky unlucky. The action was legal. If the ball was a square we wouldnt even be discussing this

The ball should therefore be charged with being reckless

I reckon they will charge him with grade 1 careless to keep the press at bay.Not sure what that means in weeks.

Matai will cop 100% loading if he gets charged with any head high due to two head highs last season.

I imagine a grade one careless would be a week so with the loading would be two weeks.So most likely results are nothing or 2 weeks.

If Matai gets a week, Sam Burgess should get 2 weeks for bringing the game into disrepute.

Kiwi Eagle said:
niccipops said:

I'll have the rulers. No admission under a certain length. KIDDING of course. I'm a clean living school teacher :angel:
Put that tape measure away Bones. They're dangerous.:s

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7