Matai's remote control tackling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
HE hasn't conceded a single penalty this season for a swinging arm in tackles - and now we can tell you how and why. Manly centre Steve Matai was a perennial offender when it came to misguided tackles. Not anymore.

Read the full article

Better late than never SER8. 10 in an entire season for a player that was consistently good for conceding 3 per game, is a massive turn around. I'm sure it's not easy to change your tackling style after playing for so many seasons, so well done to Steve.
Now Skivvy, get out there and bash Hodges.

"Vision of Matai tackling is then shot via satellite into the club's nearby video room"

Really ... they choose to send it all the way into space and back instead of just beaming in a few hundred meters at most. :-/ :-/

Brookie4eva said:
"Vision of Matai tackling is then shot via satellite into the club's nearby video room"

Really ... they choose to send it all the way into space and back instead of just beaming in a few hundred meters at most. :-/ :-/

erm, every time you make or receive a call on your mobile phone, your conversation is sent via space.

I thought he was suspended this year for a swinging arm in a tackle on Jason Nightingale.

WAMF said:
Brookie4eva said:

erm, every time you make or receive a call on your mobile phone, your conversation is sent via space.

But not via Satellite ..... I was taking the piss out of the reporter in my post, I'm sure they are actually just using Satellilte dishes, not Satellites.

Unfortunately even though Matai is no longer hitting above the shoulders, he is still being penalised anyway.

I've seen plenty this year were Matai has hit very hard and legally, only to have the referee say he was not back 10m or not square at marker.

They were doing the same to Gift before he snapped. You could hear the refs calling out his name after every Manly kick from their own half, telling each other to watch him in the tackles.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6