Matai's ultimatum?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Didn't matai give the club an ultimatum to give him an answer today regarding his re-signing. I suppose we'll know if he'll be at the club beyond this year.

There you go, I've changed it, everyone happy now?

Re: Mattai's ultimatum?

blitzkrieg link said:

GEE, I'm glad you're around. Dan could remove the spellcheck option on the quick reply. You could change your name to spellcheck and check every post for errors.

Don't know if it was an ultimatum by Monday, but he wanted an offer back to him this week

The rumour mill seems to be suggesting we won't go back with an offer, I personally struggle to believe that one, simply based on the fact that Hasler wouldn't waste either sides time asking for an extension if he wasn't even looking to put an offer in

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Don't know if it was an ultimatum by Monday, but he wanted an offer back to him this week

During the pre-game show and another source "which I can't remember" both said he wanted his future settled and gave the club until today to sort it out. Could be all BS I suppose.

No one has answered the question I raised in another thread. How much per year do you reckon Matai is worth? Put an number on it. I think $250k but after having it rammed in my face on Sat I might knock it up $20k.
KE - have you heard anything reliable on how much per season the Warriors are offering?

People who say he must be signed "at all costs", does that mean you would pay $400k+ for him? For all of his many good attributes on and off the field his judiciary history and neck concerns mean that he is unlikely to be available for 24 games a season.

swoop link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=183987.msg273557#msg273557 date=1278907542]
Matai

GEE, I'm glad you're around. Dan could remove the spellcheck option on the quick reply. You could change your name to spellcheck and check every post for errors.
[/quote]

Doesn't make him wrong.

Swoop, I heard the same as you in that regard, but every outlet is giving a different view of things

I would quite happily pay $275k for Matai, hell, if it took an extra 15 on top of that to ensure he says, I wouldn't say no either

I don't have anything reliable Bradza, other than Tate was on $250k and I heard they were prepared to use most of that on Matai, I am picking their offer will be in the 300's. Is really a matter of how much Matai is willing to sacrifice to stay here, if we get within 15-20k, who knows, he may just stay

LOL, I sometimes get frustrated with the player names being wrong, but can let Mattai pass

The one that always grinds my gears is Jamie Lyons

Fro link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=183987.msg273564#msg273564 date=1278909132]
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=183987.msg273557#msg273557 date=1278907542]
Matai

[/quote]

Doesn't make him wrong.
[/quote]

No-one said he was wrong but thanks for your input orf.  ::)

Has he signed yet Jjai???...has this been announced???

Not over until it's over I reckon, and if it is we move on.

Na Mark, it is just 1 of those things that will definitely happen though, like Foran and Dugan to the Roosters, already signed with them apparently ;)

Mark its a bit like the hodkinson situation ..  you know  when it takes them this long  to announce his signature it isnt good news... im not confident.. where as if they had him they would say matai is with us..they already would have had unofficial announcement about it over the week end to give the boys a bit of encouragement before canberra`s game something like matai agrees to stay with manly will sign contract tuesday ..  ;D then i`d be confident..

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Na Mark, it is just 1 of those things that will definitely happen though, like Foran and Dugan to the Roosters, already signed with them apparently ;)
its no joke foran hasnt even put pen to paper yet according to lowe ..  but i dont know about the rooster havent heard anything like that ...lol.. just know he hasnt signed ..
we must have a **** load of money up sleeve on the cap now

Kiwi Eagle link said:

The rumour mill seems to be suggesting we won't go back with an offer, I personally struggle to believe that one, simply based on the fact that Hasler wouldn't waste either sides time asking for an extension if he wasn't even looking to put an offer in

Bollocks - we did it to Ox for the whole season.

So Jerry, in there face to face meeting between the 2 last week, when Hasler requested an extension, you think he asked for that just for a bit of a laugh ?

I was glad to see Ox go - I wasn't a fan but we did it to Ox for the last 4 or 5 months of his contract - strung him along hoping he'd sign for a fraction of what he was on. It's all part of the game - the longer you leave it other clubs drop off. That's business mate. Poker - play the cards & get the most you can from the hand.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4