Match report: Manly vs Mounties (Raiders)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Well, a 30 odd degree scorcher saw me leave the Gong to go west young man. I was looking forward to seeing the new recruits and how they are shaping up.
Unfortunately, it seemed only 1 team really turned up. 40-10 was a fair indication and we just never seemed in the game.
Blake Ferguson absolutely destroyed us, and Farrar and Chapman on the left side. It nearly ended up he would score when it suited him. He was joking to players, mucking around, what an absolute star he is. If he gets his head right, he will be a superstar but that's probably a big if.
Sorry it seems a sad report but hard to write great stuff in a one way game.

Standouts for us:
Chisholm worked tirelessly in a well beaten team. Definitely a great back up for Keiran and DCE.
Chee Kam didn't do anything outstanding but worked his guts off. He definitely needs a few games but he stood up against a tough pack.

Ratings: Hiku: safe and made some excellent tackles however he got a loose ball and took off and was ran down by a lock. Bit of a shock as thought he was quicker.
Chapman: out of his depth. Been at the club for a few years, skinny, gets smashed and whilst he can motor never seems to look for the ball. Dropped a couple and Ferguson gave him a pasting.
Farrar: similar to Chapman: I didn't realise how small he is. Ben did very little in attack and got walked over by Ferguson. He did try and hang on but it was a bit of a David vs Goliath contest. I know I'm not a fan but he isn't NRL standard and we will be scraping the barrel if he makes the 17. Made one half run and got cleaned up in record time.
Esi Tonga: Parra fans laughed when we signed him. He was very average and didn't really get involved.
Gagan: One cracker try when in space. Gee, he is quick and looks willing. Tonga kept giving him inside hospital passes.
Seage: Nice kicking game and solid play. Didn't do much when we had the ball. Only new though.
Skinner: Making up the numbers. Pedestrian, willing though but seems a plodder at best and Raiders made him look average. Couldn't be anywhere near top 17.
Hasson: Sharks recruit but didn't do a lot. I was hoping he may have been better but pretty quiet.
Rose: Looks like it's over for big George. Even when he wound up they hit him quick and stopped him in his tracks. It felt like the game has moved on from him. I can see why Tooves hasn't played him.
Lawton: made some nice runs and quick passes. Worked hard in defence. Quite solid.
Cunningham: ex junior star but not really stepping up in higher grades. Shame, as he is big enough but didn't do much.
Higgins: looked sharp and made some great runs and crisp passes. Behind Lawton it seems so he would be hoping Kayne gets a bench spot in 17.
Ligi Sao: Like what I saw. Very willing to run and made some good inroads. Young kid and will need some time.
Jesse: Got smashed a few times. His wife/gf was near me and kept encouraging him loudly. Didn't do much but tried hard.
Lemalu: worked hard as rotating prop. Nothing spectacular.

no Symonds? must be playing tomorrow.

I cant say i have been impressed with Williamson as a coach over the years.

Cheers for the write up.

After last week's effort I was really keen to see them kick on but quite the opposite. Maybe it was too hot and a suburban ground.

That was a good report Darren..cheers. Not the result anyone wanted, but good to get some feedback.
Can't wait till Lawton get's his chance. :)

I reckon Lawton can really step up and make the 17. He is very quick and having the better players around him would help. On paper, the team looks good but maybe just didn't turn up today. It was like a local league ground but still Tooves would be getting reports and players have to play in any conditions. I was a bit disappointed after the long drive. Ferguson looked 5 grades above nearly everyone else. He was like men against boys. You truly felt he was going to score every time he got the ball.

Napper said:
Lol @ the difference between this team summary compared to last week.

I wasn't having a shot at you either Darren. I meant the difference in perspectives on a winning(last week) and losing team.

all good Napper!! I agree with you 100%. Last week's win was really pleasing and that's why I made the trip up. I could hear Willo really trying to gee them up but it was a damn hot day. Ferguson made such a difference but but like Keiran etc playing!! The team would feed off his superior skill.

The game didn't look like it passed George by in the All Star game fellas, writing a bloke like him off on the back of 1-2 games is silly, he will play NRL again

Does Jace know about your new man love Darren ? ;)

Remember KE, Jace is a Souffs man!! George's mannerism just looked like it was over. eg looked where I have ended up, playing at Hininchbrook oval. I really hope he can get back for sure!! It just seems like he has ended up forgotten. Watching his performance, there would be no way he would be in front of King, Kite, Joe and Lawrence.

NSW Cup live on Fox Sports 1 next Saturday at 1pm.

So we will be able to check out the Team against the Tigers.

Love to see how Dane Chisholm goes for us, he can cover all back positions and has scored 5 tries in one match:angel:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2