Matchday superstitions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Today is going to be awful, particularly knowing that by 9.30 we will be in either abject misery or in huge anticipation of our first GF in a decade. And there's seemingly nothing that can be done but to sit out the day and wait ..............

But what superstitions do you have to help get the side over the line. i like to believe that my little rituals and watching the game live are all a small contribution to a positive aura of energy that might be the difference between a win and a loss.

Our entire family are compulsorarilly dressed in their Manly garb today.
Blue and silver are banned colours.
No tropical fruits will be eaten.
The Manly chant will go up at regular intervals.
I will not speak to any of my Townsville based family.

Any others I can add to the list?

In my case it has been ensuring that the neighbours who don't follow Manly (and one is next door) are aware that Thurston's face is going to be used as a plow.
Drape scarves, beanies, caps around prominent pieces of furniture.
Hang the flag over the balcony or porch.
Set up the maroon and white lights under the eaves.
Watch warrior style movies beforehand to keep the hype at a suitable level.
Pin Thurston's face to the dartboard.
Line the pet litter with the Cowgirls team photo.
Break open the tin of MW fudge.

I have nothing I must do but rather something I mustn't do.

Neither myself or my dad are allowed to buy "Big League", it seems to guarentee a Manly loss. Unfortunately I've had to go without matchday programmes for most of my life.
I wish they'd put the team listings in Sea Eagle News.

Well I have been banned from yelling out "CAAAAARN MANLY!!" anymore in my household until three hours before the game starts. Probably a good thing too because I am already losing my voice and it isn't even midday yet.

I must go to the club dressed in all my Manly gear(thinking of wearing the slippers today).
Let everyone know how Manly are going to beat the Cows. :blah:
Lose all my money at the TAB. :cry:
Drink too much. :drunk:
Go to my Brother's place and sit next to my Cowboy supporting Nephew. :evil: :doh:
Cheer on the boys to a good win. :clap:
Drink way too much. :drunk:
Bag my Nephew. :twisted:
Go home and start packing for my trip to Sydney to watch Manly win their first GF in over a decade. :yeah:

The next 8 hours are going to be torture and the only way to handle it is with copious amounts of alcohol. Pretty much completely decked out in Manly gear now. The pub I'm about to head to is a known Manly supporter joint so it will be rocking all afternoon hopefully

COME ON BOYS! :clap:

For some reason when I wear any sort of Manly clothing the boys seem to come up empty handed :cry: very frustrating, but anything to get the guys over the line is a priority!

This year is also the first time in five years that I haven't put a single bet on Manly. As tempting as it is this is one superstition that has come up trumps so far!

GO YOU GOOD THINGS! !pray:

I broke my superstition and shaved today! I thought "why not"

Though it won me soccer this year I dont think Manly;s luck rides on my facial hair

i turn up to watch the games live

the fluffy fact although not in 2005 100% proportions is still only 2 loses this year

same as last

and it worked

fark im good

I created my own match day superstition this year. Went to my first game in since Covid to Brooky against the Wests Tigers. Wore my MW premiers T Shirt, covering 1972-1987 and my Kaspersky Jersey which was a gift from the Bozo's son, Brett. It was a win that we probably got even if I went in the nude.
Next time I wore this ensemble, (the t-shirst & jersey) was to the Warriors game and another win, obviously didn't matter you say.
I was going to the match at Campbelltown and the grandkids turned up for the day, so I remained in my gear at home for another win. 3 easy wins but I see a pattern.
Only popped on the t-shirt for the match against the Cowboys.
Wore both for the match against Storm. At this point, the family are catching on, especially when I donned the gear at kick off against the Knights.
Any one else with a "winning" superstition trait?

I feel like every time I placed a bet on a Manly game, we would lose.
It only seems to jinx us if I bet specifically on Manly, and not the opposition.
So, as a rule, Manly is off limits for betting.

I have a lucky penny (proper 1918 penny) that I've taken to every home game this year but forgot it for the Cowboys game. Still haven't forgiven myself.

Used to wear socks with a little bit of the oppositions colour on the soles in an attempt to help Manly 'walk all over them'. It worked for a while but eventually began to anger the football gods. I now wear pure white socks to repent for my disrespect for the opposition, their wrath has subsided since then.

I created my own match day superstition this year. Went to my first game in since Covid to Brooky against the Wests Tigers. Wore my MW premiers T Shirt, covering 1972-1987 and my Kaspersky Jersey which was a gift from the Bozo's son, Brett. It was a win that we probably got even if I went in the nude.
Next time I wore this ensemble, (the t-shirst & jersey) was to the Warriors game and another win, obviously didn't matter you say.
I was going to the match at Campbelltown and the grandkids turned up for the day, so I remained in my gear at home for another win. 3 easy wins but I see a pattern.
Only popped on the t-shirt for the match against the Cowboys.
Wore both for the match against Storm. At this point, the family are catching on, especially when I donned the gear at kick off against the Knights.
Any one else with a "winning" superstition trait?
so it was your fault:mad:;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8