Mats and Ball vs Steelers today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Hello all, a beautiful day in the Gong saw a win and a loss recorded.

Matts are a real hang in there type team. Main standout was captain and prop Elia Fattui who whilst a real big kid had nice skill and played most of the game. Obviously too early to say much but he was a leader for the team (in their first game)
John Hopoate junior was a real handful. Did some nice work on the wing and always came in looking for the ball. Also, a real workaholic 2nd rower in Billy Bainbridge who plays a bit like Choc. Might be one to watch. Not a lot of size in the team (compared to Steelers)Our bench usually had a big islander in past years but not this time. We only had 1 main prop on the field most of the game so the coach better get some size in (when we play Penrith etc) as Steelers were making big yards on most plays. Beaten 20-12 and that was pretty fair. Most of our boys looked small compared to Steelers.

Ball was getting smashed 16-0 when a Steelers guy did something and got sent off. This changed the whole match and we finished them off with late tries. As I mentioned in another post, Tom Trbojevic could be anything in this game. Liam Knight the 2nd rower did alot of good things and has some quality about him. We were missing Indigenous centre Ramien who I hear is very talented. A prop I mentioned the other day, Kiwi prop PJ Lose is absolutely a mountain but didn't do alot. Maybe needs a few games to get into it.
To be honest, Steelers were beating us most of the game but we got them in the end with a player down. A good away win will definitely help the boys.

All jokes aside, great report Darren.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop with the juniors.

no worries, nice to see ball win and matts really worked hard and done all they could. That's all you can ask.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6