Matt Ballin - have the club considered

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
You would assume that this contract would be Matt's last. I wonder if manly have considered utilizing Matt's other skills post football. He would be a natural fit to work with Don singe and eventually step in the strength and conditioning role whenever Don moves on.

yeah, imagine the impact from the bench as a 39 year old Matty sprints out to catch that lazy second marker.................

I would think this could not be part of his contract otherwise it is in the cap?

Great idea. I really want to see the club hold onto all it's players post football and become involved in coaching, management or admin or as ambassadors. Matty Ballin has been great for the Eagles and would be an asset to the club over many years.

Just how long after a player stops playing can he get a job with the club before it's considered not part of the cap?

Excellent idea.

I was only thinking last night about Matty - has he ever missed a game from injury, he's never missed a game from suspension and nearly always tops the tackle count for every game. He's been great for Manly and this suggestion should be included in whatever we can offer him to stay.

The guy is pure class. I love his contributions to manly on and off the field and hope nothing more then his contribution to the club when he finally decides to hang up the boots.

Awesome idea Cam. Even if Matty does leave I'd like to see him brought back to the club in his post-playing days in some kind of role like this. Definitely the kind of bloke you want to keep around the club in some kind of capacity.

Great idea Cameron.

Manly as a club has achieved far more success than it's entitled to and that's because we hire the right people more often than not.

Matty got into our first grade squad by persevering and working his arse off. He was rewarded with the starting gig and two premiership victories despite starting his first grade career later than your average high profile star. His dedication to the game and his own personal fitness are successful attributes. He's also a king amongst men in the way of morals.

He's exactly the guy we'd want to kick on with us after he retires from playing. Don has been great and has played a huge part in us being the dominant force we have been. I think he's been with us since we were readmitted back into the competition so I'm wondering how much longer he wants to continue.

Let's sign him for two more years with an option on three. Let him do two in the uk to top up then (so it's cap free) bring him back as strength and conditioning or rehab or physiological overseer. I can't recall him being out injured ever so he knows his stuff. A good solid bloke who has been great for the club and the club culture and like I said in the TRex threads much more important than a highlight reeler.

DSM5 said:
Just how long after a player stops playing can he get a job with the club before it's considered not part of the cap?

I think Fittler & Lockyer did about three years BEFORE they retired!;)

StuBoot said:
DSM5 said:

I think Fittler & Lockyer did about three years BEFORE they retired!;)
Please tell me you say that in jest with your tongue planted firmly in your cheek. Two great players who played at the highest level right up to their respective retirements. Not manly players but we can't hold that against them.

If mb fitness is a company then I can't see why manly can't hire their services for say 200k per year haha. due to the corporate veil mb fitness and matt ballin would be separate entities and manly could not be held accountable for where that money is spent after that, whether its on its "employee" matt ballin or not. Though this only works if mb fitness is a pty ltd company.

It would be In the cap - the same way you can not guarantee third party payments

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6