Matt ballin you sIr are a legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So as the players were walking around the fence to say thank you to everyone, my 6 year old nephew and an absolute character of a kid was waiting patiently at one of his first ever games to high 5 a player.

As ballin came round some big disgraceful thug jumped over the top of my nephew pushing him out of the way in his own quest to touch a player and deny the kids.

Luke was close to tears ballin noticed this and made his way back specifically to shake his hand. Luke was stoked and I imagine will still be talking about it next time I go to see him.

So thanks Matt for being a great player and a class bloke!

Dan

Did anyone notice the speed with which the Players jogged around after the game? Wanting to shake 20,000 hands no doubt - they were pumped after the most grueling game of the year. Funtastic :D

As a female Supporter I Loved the Biff :p

Only blackspot was Wolfie - wishing him a full health clearance today:angel:

Just had a call from my brother and he said Luke is now Ballins number 1 fan. Haha

Larissa can you get a thankyou too Matt from my brother and matt

Lovely bloke, he and his wife Shannon are the nicest young couple you'd ever get to meet....typical of most country players, regardless of if they come from NSW or QLD

Amazing first try last night - felt the same as the first GF 2008 try where Matty must have ripped his abdominal muscles to get the ball over the line!

Underrated by non-Manly people, but much appreciated by the rest of us :angel:

Daniel said:
So as the players were walking around the fence to say thank you to everyone, my 6 year old nephew and an absolute character of a kid was waiting patiently at one of his first ever games to high 5 a player.

As ballin came round some big disgraceful thug jumped over the top of my nephew pushing him out of the way in his own quest to touch a player and deny the kids.

Luke was close to tears ballin noticed this and made his way back specifically to shake his hand. Luke was stoked and I imagine will still be talking about it next time I go to see him.

So thanks Matt for being a great player and a class bloke!

Dan

Thats a real nice story.....good on ya Matt!

Right on.
Such a worthy thread to bump, stoked to re-read it.

Matty, we are loving your play and your love of the fans after the games and other work off the field.
I have said it many times - so many fans really love as many of the boys as possible to run around the fence after games hi-5'ing and signing stuff, and you often are leading it.

So good to see you score that try vs the Broncos @ SFS last night too!
I have been putting a sneaky few on you doing that 1st in most games, and yes, including that one ;)

Go Manly!

Matt deserves a Grand final medallion for this and he will get one this week !!!

OneEyedEagle said:
Did anyone see Matty his missus and little one on one of the sport shows on Sunday morning. It was a great little piece.

Fletcher at 2 years old was more articulate than half of the Channel Nine Personnel. He actually knew that Daddy scored a try - so sweet.

Has anyone else noticed how Matty has now scored one in each of the Final's Games. He is a big game player. Never forget his effort in the 2008 GF to start the try fest:D

He is a credit to himself and his family. I was amazed at the amount of skill he showed in scoring that first try against the Broncos. Not just a simple lunge from dummy half, the way he kept the ball of the ground while swerving it under & around first the body then the arms of Gerard Beale was incredible. Keep it up Matty!

Stuey Davis Socks said:
He is a credit to himself and his family. I was amazed at the amount of skill he showed in scoring that first try against the Broncos. Not just a simple lunge from dummy half, the way he kept the ball of the ground while swerving it under & around first the body then the arms of Gerard Beale was incredible. Keep it up Matty!

Woah welcome back SDS

Daniel said:
Stuey Davis Socks said:

Woah welcome back SDS

Fair weather supporter, lol!

welcome back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8