Matt Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Been thinking about his role in our side, with a fully fit unit available again soon

We have long wondered how he would go as a 80min player, and we have seen evidence of that the past 2 weeks. Imo, his impact on the game seems to have been lessened a bit with the extra workload.

So the question posed really is, do we go back to our successful method from last season with the dual hooker role, or persist with Ballin as an 80 min man

I am probably leaning towards the latter at the moment, I don't have a spot available for Heath at this time

if bailey is used at 5/8 lestrange will hold his spot. If des diceds to use lyon at 5/8 and farrar at centre Bailey will grab heaths spot on the bench with Rodney, Rose and Kite/King

Des will stick with the players that have served him well in the past (remember Willo).

I suspect heath will be straight back in the side

YART for when Matai and Heath are back:

1. Robertson
2. Williams
3. Farrar
4. Matai
5. Williams
6. Lyon
7. Oxen
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Rodney
12. Watmough
13. Stewart

14. Heathy
15. Rose
17. Perry
18. Bailey

But if Foran keeps playing how he is playing, it makes it very hard to leave him out.

I agree Foran will likely drop off the bench now.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing T Williams drop off and keep Lyon in the centres, though again we do need his kicking game

Le Strange is proven from last years GF win.

Foran will be sent to Under 20's. they also have a comp to win.

I havent been one that has continually called for lyon to be 5/8, and i reckon bailey has been doing a good job, but as players return i sense des will go with lyon there and its probably the right decision. At full strength that could give us the same starting team (bar one, farrar for bell) that won the comp so well last year. It was lyons form at 5/8 over the last four weeks of the minor premiership that gave us the momentum to rip all and sundry apart during the finals. The time is nearing for that ame melbourne cup like preperation.

IMO Bailey has being provided better value as a forward/bench player over last few weeks.

Brookvale link said:
Le Strange is proven from last years GF win.

Foran will be sent to Under 20's. they also have a comp to win.

We cant be concerned about the 20s. If Foran is needed in the top grade and the 20s miss out on a premiership that is bad luck.
That said, at full strength foran wont be anywhere near first grade, but it will be due to the greater experince of other players than any benevolence to the 20s on dessies part

I actually though Ballin might have been carrying an injury against the Knights. Can't remember who it was, but when they made a long break and Ballin gave chase he really seemed to be struggling. Looked like a groin strain . . .

Ballin's defence was superb and he does a great job at plugging gaps, in addition to what he does for our attack. I thought he had a good game against the KNights.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6