Matt King to souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Former Test centre Matt King is reportedly set to return to the NRL with South Sydney from next season.

League Week reported on Wednesday King, 30, would quit Super League club Warrington at the end of the season and link with the Redfern club on a two-year deal.

How on earth......?

Someone should check the calendars at Souths. Its the only explanation I can think of as to why they keep buying players who are several years past their peak.

And the reason they need a centre is that Inglis will be back at the Storm in 2012.

The third Burgess they just added will no doubt be as handy as the third Chappell or Waugh brother.

You gotta laugh, its funny stuff.

What annoys me is the money they spend, all on crap mind you but truck loads of it. I wonder how they can afford it.

Thankfully clubs like Souths and the Eels have no idea about how to nuture their huge junior bases. Thier supporters whinge about teams poaching their youngsters but in reality they can't wait to get out of the joint because they have no idea how to look after them.

They released Shannan McPherson as well to go to Super League. What a waste, McPherson has been one of their juniors for years and if SL want him he must be decent. Sad to see a guy in his mid 20s waste his career by going to super league. They are burning 2 guys cause a talenented youngster in Dylan Farrell will now get burried in reggies. Burning these 2 especially ticks me off when its at the expense of a guy at the end of his career like King.

Any talented Souffs Jouniors we can nick??

A few under 20's players would be pee'd they are signing a veteran.

lloydy said:
They sure do make some strange decisions over there!

What do you expect when the club is run by Russell Crowe who has no idea about football players. Remember when he told Joe in 2007 that he should give up football and become a minister.

What a joke. Joe has played some of the best football of his career with Manly and Parra since then and showed that Crowe has NFI.

Sam Burgess or Dave Taylor would be the only Souths players I would want at Manly if the chance came up. The rest are over rated rubbish, or way past their best.

Id take Taylor out of that
Burgess would be brilliant in maroon and white
Where he should have been if he didnt get starstruck

The Eagle said:
Id take Taylor out of that
Burgess would be brilliant in maroon and white
Where he should have been if he didnt get starstruck

+1, we don't need no stinkin' Dave Taylor.

I think Souths #1 priority signing should be a good football manager, some of the calls they make in the player market are diabolical.

With that said, I think King will go well (he did leave the NRL far too early) at Souths. Any idea if Maguire is already making some of thecalls at Souths? This move seems like something that he may have requested.

I don't think Crowe is the big problem. The big problem is Shane Richardson. That guy is good at 2 things, pissing off people and burning bridges. I'd hate to have a guy like him running my club, he seems to have no idea what so ever.
Its like reading a morality story to small children. This one is about the coaching situation kids, "One day Shane thought very hard and he decided to fire the only coach who got them to a finals series since they were erroneously reinstated by the NRL. After thinking very hard he thought some more and more and decided the right coach was a 217 year old in a dry as a bone. Whats the moral of the story kids? Thats rightkids! Don't listen to Shane Richardson in any decision making process"

Ian Martin tragic said:
I think matt king will be useful for souffs, esp in combo with inglis who will go to 5/8. where do they get all the f***in money from???

Totally agree a great buy only 30 and could in theory play for the Blues next year. The only drawback would be that it generally takes 12 months to again become accustomed to the superior fitness and speed required for the NRL.

The Gronk said:
Someone should check the calendars at Souths. Its the only explanation I can think of as to why they keep buying players who are several years past their peak.

Souths are bad, but I think its our feeder club with the bung calendars.

Look at their buys for 2011:

Carl Webb (North Queensland Cowboys), Reni Maitua (Suspension), Jordan Atkins (Gold Coast Titans), Chris Walker (Catalans Dragons, ESL), Eni Folau (Easts Tigers, Queensland Cup), Brad Murray (Sydney Roosters), Chris Hicks (Warrington Wolves), Paul Whatuira (Huddersfield Giants).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4