Matt Parish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Anyone know who he is ?
Dean Ritchie tweeted this last night

I hear Matt Parish is a candidate to be Geoff Toovey's assistant. Parish is coaching Salford and was Ricky Stuart's assistant for NSW

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Anyone know who he is ?

I hear Matt Parish is a candidate to be Geoff Toovey's assistant. Parish is coaching Salford and was Ricky Stuart's assistant for NSW

Good ex-Balmain player.
He coached The Entrance on the Central Coast for some years in Jim Cup. He was Ricky Stuart's assistant for Origin last year.
Touted as a very good coach on the rise.
It would be a great move

Coached a few of my mates at The Entrance but left to go to North Qld Cowboys now coaches in the ESL. Very good coach but only left to coach in the ESL recently.

quinny said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Anyone know who he is ?

Good ex-Balmain player.
He coached The Entrance on the Central Coast for some years in Jim Cup. He was Ricky Stuart's assistant for Origin last year.
Touted as a very good coach on the rise.
It would be a great move

That would be a sensational move he has great pedigree his dad Don Parish was an Aust Fullback.

20 things about Salford coach Matt Parish
WEDNESDAY, 08 JUNE 2011 07:05

http://www.rlcm.com.au/latest-news/10922-rugby-league

By Neil Barker - Reds bosses surprised everyone by naming unknown Aussie Matt Parish as the man to succeed Shaun McRae as head coach. Chairman John Wilkinson admitted during a press conference that many fans were possibly asking the question: "Matt who?"
In his defence, Wilkinson said the same kind of things were said when Wigan appointed Michael Maguire as coach.
MEN Sport's Neil Barker caught up with Parish in Australia as he was preparing New South Wales for this week's second Origin game.
He says he is honoured and privileged to be taking charge of Salford. Here are 20 interesting facts on Parish, who will lead Reds to their new stadium at Barton next year.
1 Matt's nostrils first inhaled winter green in the dressing room when he was just out of nappies alongside his father, Don, who was also one of Australia's finest coaches.
2 Matt, 42, loves to surf but realises opportunities in Salford will be somewhat limited!
3 John Harvey, the beefy ex-Salford boss, was a beast of an opponent according to Matt, who also played alongside another ex-Salford coach, Garry Jack, at Balmain.
4 As a player, Matt made 64 first grade appearances for Balmain between 1988 and 1993.
5 Meatloaf and the Kings of Leon are his choice of music but nothing too boppy, says Matt.
6 John Dorahy, alias Joe Cool, the ex-Wigan coach, was a tough skilful little Aussie well-known to Matt during his own progression within the NRL.
7 After landing the Salford job, Matt says he was sworn to secrecy by club bosses, and even had to hide the news from his own family.
8 Hello Fred Done - Matt loves horse racing and likes to have a punt.
9 Matt chills out by relaxing, having a few beers with his mates, but admits rugby league dominates his life.
10 His mate Ian Millward is nicknamed Basil but Matt is just Matt.
11 Matt on Matt: "I can't hide either my disappointment or my joy, but I never, ever bull**** people."
12 Matt loves cricket and enjoys golf, but says he's no Great White Shark on the fairways and greens.
13 A young Daryl Powell, the former Sheffield, Leeds and Great Britain player, played as a rookie alongside Matt at Balmain.
14 The Reds' new boss is using the internet a lot to follow the club's fortunes ahead of what will be his first visit to the UK in July.
15 Parish has revealed he was in an interview with Reds bosses in Sydney when football director Steve Simms was contacted by MEN Sport via the mobile phone of vice-chairman Howard Clague.
16 Matt and his Origin boss Ricky Stuart became great friends as team-mates and room-mates with the Under-21s Australia Rugby Union schoolboys team.
17 Born in Sydney, he now lives an hour's drive away in Terrigal.
18 As a coach, he enjoys seeing a young player develop and go all the way to the top as Mark Henry did with the North Queensland Cowboys.
19 On the Origin Series, Matt says: "It's a fantastic experience to be working with the elite coaches and players - a simply fantastic concept and experience."
20 On his playing career, he adds: "I started as a centre, love the game, but as I got a bit slower I ended up in the pack. I greatly enjoy coaching, I can't wait to get over there because I really do believe I can take Salford on - I'm privileged and honoured to have the job."

Mates help Parish score a pact with the Devils
Adrian Proszenko
June 5, 2011

art-353-matt-parish-200x0.jpg

Old Tiger ... Matt Parish during his playing days.
A LIST of impressive references - including ones from Canberra Test greats Laurie Daley and Ricky Stuart - has helped secure Matt Parish one of the 30 head coaching roles in world rugby league.

Parish, who during the week beat a long list of up-and-coming candidates for the position, has agreed to a 2½-year deal with the Salford Reds.

Salford chairman John Wilkinson, deputy chairman, Howard Clague, and football director Steve Simms interviewed candidates in Sydney during the week. The list reportedly included Steve Georgallis, Peter Gentle, Kurt Wrigley and Andrew Dunemann but they came away convinced Parish, a former Balmain Tigers utility, was the coach to take the Red Devils forward.

Advertisement: Story continues below
"We've got the guy we wanted and we are very happy that Matt has chosen to take up the challenge," Simms said.

"I spoke personally to people like Laurie Daley, who has worked with Matt with Country Origin over the past two seasons, and he could not speak more highly of him. In fact, Laurie is convinced he will eventually find his way back into the NRL one day so we are fortunate to have secured someone so talented.

"And the fact that Matt will be able to come over as soon as his visa is approved is another positive for us. He can get to work straight away."

Parish, 44, is an assistant to Stuart with the NSW State of Origin team and previously had three years as Neil Henry's assistant at the Cowboys.

"It's exciting times and the club has enormous potential," Parish said. "We move into a new stadium next season, which will generate an enormous amount of revenue, and I know they are going to be most competitive as far as recruitment is concerned.

''As things stand, Luke Patten and Daniel Holdsworth are signed for next year. That leaves us three vacant quota spots, which is a very attractive position to be in. Provided things are managed properly, I am extremely confident of building a most competitive outfit."

Parish takes over from former South Sydney coach Shaun McRae, who recently resigned for health reasons.

Yep heard he hates it there, apparently the place is a hole, so I'm expecting him to be our next assistant, not to bad having the assistant coach for the Blues, will have a few connections with the higher profile players.

Being an understudy to Ricky Stupid doesn't fill me with great confidence, but that being said I trust in Toovs and if he Parish has the particular skill sets that Toovs wants then its all good by me.

So, is this yet another case of of broken contract?
What's the point of them if they are so easy to dishonour?

• 👍
Reactions: PJ
The Who said:
So, is this yet another case of of broken contract?
What's the point of them if they are so easy to dishonour?
Maybe he has a 'get out clause' TW, that Desmond C(unning). Stuntler previously negotiated on his behalf.

Source NRL Page

Salford's Australian coach Matt Parish has quit the Super League club less than six months into the job.

The 42-year-old former Balmain player was appointed as the successor to Shaun McRae in June and arrived at the Willows a month later to take up an 18-month contract.

He was in charge for the last six matches of the season, five of which ended in defeat.

In a statement, the Super League club said: "Salford City Reds can today confirm that Matt Parish has resigned hisposition as head coach for personal reasons, with immediate effect."

by Nick Woodward
17 Nov 2011

Matt Parish has resigned as Salford coach after five months in charge.

The 42 year-old Australian will more than likely take an assistant coach position at Manly Sea Eagles under Geoff Toovey.

The sacking of Des Hasler and resignation of his assistant Kelly Egan, both leaving for the Canterbury Bulldogs, has seen a position open on the northern Sydney beaches than Parish is believed to have taken.

Parish previously had concerns for the club upon his arrival, criticising its inability to make changes and improve.

He told a local radio station in August: “I don't mind challenges, but you need to see change if you want to improve, you need to see change. I know if I can get some change then I know we can get some improvements, but the club definitely needs to change.

He went on to say: “We need to be united, consistent in everything we do, both on and off the field and at the moment I don't believe either of those things are happening.

“It's not just all about finances. It's about providing a club and an environment that people want to come to.

“It's about being honest and united and working with what you've got so you can all be heading in the one direction and produce the results that fans and the board want.”

And Parish confessed at the time of his arrival that he was surprised to hear that public opinion of the City Reds was poor.

He said: “The thing that has surprised me the most was that I wasn't expecting what I was coming to.

“If you talk to people from other clubs, and in the Super League in general, they've all got an opinion about Salford and unfortunately it's probably not the one it's not what we'd like to hear.”

wombatgc said:
what happened to Cliffy as assistant?:huh:

I think rightly the club have gone for someone with experience. Parish was assistant at the Cowgirls and previously he coached in the Qld & NSW Cup's. However, fear not I think cliffy will be involved somehwere as will beaver when he returns.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2