Matty Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
This guy is irreplaceable.

How many try saving tackles has he made today? Not to mention the other 40+ per game. Sign him up ASAP.

I am shocked that some people think we can do without him. Legend of a player.

On Playup I was counting his runs and plays. He also made close to 8 or 10 runs plus a decent kick

Perhaps the head-gear is worn so he'll be noticed more.
Another cracker of a game by Matty.
Must be of a high signing priority.

mcatt said:
I thought he was man of the match today. Great performance, once again.

He was my MOM today.
As Dan said he made some great runs for good meters,which probably is why he didnt go unnoticed..

Put it this way, in my oPinion if Cameron Smith weren't alive today, Ballin would be the QLD and AUST hooker.

Great work in defence but he really needs to fix the timings of his runs.

Too often he shot off out of dummy half with no support, meaning that the advantage of the easy 10 metres is lost by a slow play-the-ball due to numbers able to get on him in isolation.

Plus, he stuck around at the end of the game to chat to fans, pose for photos and sign autographs for kids on the fence. Part of me thought, "Christ, I hope he's not saying his goodbyes."

Ryan said:
Put it this way, in my oPinion if Cameron Smith weren't alive today, Ballin would be the QLD and AUST hooker.

Not with Tim Sheens being the Australian coach.

He was great again today.

Be a massive loss if we lost him, but so would Matai, T-Rex, Snake. As would have Foran or DCE as well. It's the nature of the Salary cap, and having to choose someone to leave is a tragedy, but it's a necessary tragedy unfortunately.

Had a massive game today defensively

Will be a shame if he does have to go

Talk seems to be that L Foran will be groomed as the replacement if that is to be the case. He will be up to the mark defensively i think, the others areas we are yet to see though

Hamster Huey said:

Too often he shot off out of dummy half with no support, meaning that the advantage of the easy 10 metres is lost by a slow play-the-ball due to numbers able to get on him in isolation.

I think you've got it around the wrong way. For much of the match he was the only forward challenging the opposition because there was no support. He was my MOM.
I thought Canberra forwards outplayed our forwards today. Thank goodness for Matai. He made several great busts doing the work of a forward.
Lussick made one good burst then threw an excellent around the tackler pass which would have led to a try had it not been ruled forward. Chock and Gift tried hard as usual, and Burher was good when he was on.

Pittwater Legend said:
Matt held us together today. Herculean performance.

Snake was also tremendous for us today.

Matai did what had to be done, matt was good a workhorse & snake defended beyond what I thought he could tbh.

Matai for MOM. Without him i dare say we would have thrown that game like we did against parra n titless

Balin played a cracking game, no change. And as has been said previously he is a good man, a real foundation for the future. Shame we cant keep em all

Ryan said:

With Farah existing and Sheens as the laughable australian coach?

Never happen

Hamster Huey said:

You might be thinking of rugby?

The advantage of the easy 10 metres is that you get an easy 10 metres... Plus with the wrestle yesterday every play the ball was a slow one.

The Who said:
Hamster Huey said:

I think you've got it around the wrong way. For much of the match he was the only forward challenging the opposition because there was no support. He was my MOM.
I thought Canberra forwards outplayed our forwards today. Thank goodness for Matai. He made several great busts doing the work of a forward.
Lussick made one good burst then threw an excellent around the tackler pass which would have led to a try had it not been ruled forward. Chock and Gift tried hard as usual, and Burher was good when he was on.

I get what you're saying, but I'd rather see him time those runs more selectively and if isolated, position himself better for a quick play-the-ball. I realise it's all a bit 'armchair expert' to mention it, but it happened a lot in this game and I hope Toovey is into the halves and forwards this week to start working better with Ballin.

Just so there is no dispute on my standing of him, he is the priority for me to remain at the club once B.Stewart announces he's staying; ahead of both Williams' and anybody else off contract.

ads said:
Hamster Huey said:

You might be thinking of rugby?

The advantage of the easy 10 metres is that you get an easy 10 metres... Plus with the wrestle yesterday every play the ball was a slow one.

No confusion, but if played better and with some support, the advantage of that quick 10 metres is greatly improved by getting a quick play-the-ball and momentum.

Go check the game again and tell me how many times Canberra were able to reset their line easily, on the back of one of Ballin's scoots.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4