Max to quit board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Max Delmege will stand down from the board by the end of the week and be replaced by Jack Elsgood (who also works for Max).
The board hope this will make life easyer and more settled during meetings.

Phil Dean will also be repalced by Melinda Ginsford-Taylor

Gee it's going to be like the marionette theatre with all the puppets in there. Let's hope the strings don't get tangled up.

Better...MUCH better.
But Elsegood will only be a puppet of coarse, with no real voice of his own.

Seems to me that there may of been a hidden deal that if penns son steps down so does max, its an improvement even though that Elsgood will be controlled by Max.

But hopefully it'll mean that when the owners disagree its discussed sensibly - if you've had a falling out its a lot harder to comprimise than people who get along fine (we assume).

I imagine a lot of time at the moment they'd end up disagreeing and arguing even when they didn't really disagree.

Yes, it has to be an improvement. Now for the FC to get its act together so fans can feel more like an important part of everything instead of watching from the sideline while the millionaires sqabble over their toys.

And IF true, makes it far easier to get a new CEO.

All of this is good news, methinks there's some work going on "behind the scenes" with this.

I had a long chat to Bob Reilly at the Gold Coast function and he said then that the only way he could see peace was if both Rick and Max stood down, so don't be surprised if Bob isn't pulling the strings behind all of this!!

But then again Grant said the same thing to me 10 days ago at the Panthers game, but I doubt Max would be listening to him!!!

At least now we have some compromising and dialogue going on, just hope the sniping stops for the good of the club.

Regardless if we think any replacement may or may not be a puppet, at least now they might be able to get on with the efficient running of the board. It’s obvious there were differences and the best approach is to step away and allow someone to fill their shoes without the emotion. I still ask the question, have they put the right person in (Man or WoMAN in, i.e. business acumen for the job.

Mark, do you think this is now the catalyst for Grant to be persuaded to remain as CEO or is it a done deal that he will be leaving.

The Catalyst for ALL of this is Grant leaving.

He said to me face to face 10 days ago "There's no choice now, for the good of the club I have to go".....he was quite circumspect in saying that, but also dissapointed that it had come down to that!!

As I say above it will be Bob Reilly pulling the strings, as he's the only one on there that gets along well with Max and also Rick Penn, so I reckon he would be the one pulling the strings on this "shuffle"

The new directors need to vote with their OWN opinions and thoughts on the basis of the proposals put before them.  This factional split needs to end now and the whole board starts working hard to improve the business & the club in general.

It will be sad to see Grant go because I think he has done a lot for the club but if it’s in the best interests of the club in him going so be it providing the next person is the right (man/woman) for the job.

We need to move on from here and build build build especially membership #'s.

Byso

Remember this is the MWSE Ltd Board we are talking about NOT the Football Club Board!!

So this will be made up as follows,

2 Delmege (Jack Elsegood being one which is reported here)
2 Penn (Kerry...can't spell her last name being one plus Scott)
1 Leagues Club...assume Bob Reilly
2 FC Melinda Gainsford and peter Bryant

It seems Melinda Gainsford gets on through the spot vacated by Kerry Sibraa, and then becomes one of two Football Club Reps, the other being (I'd think) Peter Bryant with Bob Reilly representing the Leagues Club (now that Peter Spray will be the interim CEO)

The Football Club Board

Kerry Sibraa replaced by Melinda Gainsford
Phillip Dean replaced by ????

All others (Tooves etc) the same.

Personally I don't see what Cliffy's EGM will do at this point????

If it's to explain what happened then that seems to be fairly clear now (like it or not).

Perhaps the next AGM and Election is a better time for Cliffy to do his thing, not that he has stated he's standing for the Football Club board but it would seem like that's his ultimate aim!!!

Rash and emotion-charged decisions and actions should reduce by multiples.  The same voting structures remain, but these changes ensure cool heads can work through board issues, without taking away the two owners' ability to set their directions through planned instruction. And two women on the board should also go a long way to reducing the wars.

As big news as a major signing.  Given it hasn't been all left to one party to compromise, hope does springs eternal. Smells like the boardroom parties are finally working in the same direction.

Does MG Tailor turn anyone else on in a masculine chick kind of way?

Did I just say that?

Dunno mate, when I visualize that massive jaw in motion, it kind of sets me off. I know I shrink up a bit - but don't know if that's a good or bad thing though to be honest. 

Why the **** couldn't these inbreds do this **** before the ceo walked out?

****ing children.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Byso

Remember this is the MWSE Ltd Board we are talking about NOT the Football Club Board!!

So this will be made up as follows,

2 Delmege (Jack Elsegood being one which is reported here)
2 Penn (Kerry...can't spell her last name being one plus Scott)
1 Leagues Club...assume Bob Reilly
2 FC Melinda Gainsford and peter Bryant

It seems Melinda Gainsford gets on through the spot vacated by Kerry Sibraa, and then becomes one of two Football Club Reps, the other being (I'd think) Peter Bryant with Bob Reilly representing the Leagues Club (now that Peter Spray will be the interim CEO)

The Football Club Board

Kerry Sibraa replaced by Melinda Gainsford
Phillip Dean replaced by ????

All others (Tooves etc) the same.

Personally I don't see what Cliffy's EGM will do at this point????

If it's to explain what happened then that seems to be fairly clear now (like it or not).

Perhaps the next AGM and Election is a better time for Cliffy to do his thing, not that he has stated he's standing for the Football Club board but it would seem like that's his ultimate aim!!!

Thanks for sorting that out mate, cheers. From what I see maybe better of waiting for next election to have a say.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4