Maybe the board was spot on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyslam

Des does seem after all to be a bit of a control freak. Raining him in with Kpi's may have been the reason behind his success. It seemed to work and kept him hungry even if it was to prove a point. His actions over the past few weeks have dimmed his own light. He has shown his true colours and chosen his own dark path heading to Belmore.

2011 premiership was a miracle. Team spirit and individual stories built on adversity. We can now add Des to the list.

Bring on Toove's and 2012.

So the board was right to chase out arguably our most successful coach of all time?

lsz said:
So the board was right to chase out arguably our most successful coach of all time?

If that's what they actually did, then we won't know if its the right decision until we get a good taste of life under Toovs. If Toovs is just as or even more successful, and the Dogs don't win anything with Des there, who knows in a few years we might just look back on this time and say it all worked out for the best!

lsz said:

Ah but Isz the question is DID they chase him out, or in fact did they just try to rein him in a little and he didn't like it???

I think one needs to wait until the board meetings are over and see what the boards say...one thing I have learned in life is there's two sides to every story even though at times you only hear one!!

lsz said:

I don't know who to blame in all this but at least now the buck will stop with the board alone, I guess

3 grand finals in 5 years for two wins

I say give him control as he was getting the results. If, and it is a big if, he was "reined in" you would have to ask why

Ego?

Who knows. It could not be a belief that it would get better results?

Yes I agree with Ego....BUT whose Ego??

I have no problem with any coach having control over which staff he has, how he coaches and which players he wants.

But any coach has to do the following,

1) Leave the financial stuff to the people that run the club.
2) Not want total control over everything the club does.

Read into that what you will!!

Mark from Brisbane said:

I have no problem with any coach having control over which staff he has, how he coaches and which players he wants.

Well we could have saved a lot of money. Sack the entire board, the COO, the front office staff/admin and the tea lady. It seems like Des could have done and wanted to do all those jobs on his own. Des could organise flights /accomodation for when we travel, strap the guys before each game, god sake he should have got rid of Tooves and run the water himself.

"Raining him in with Kpi's may have been the reason behind his success. "

This may have precipitated the situation.

Mark from Brisbane said:

Mark, I believe your getting the picture. I don't know the guy personally, always seemed private and humble from the outside but sometimes success can be a curse when it inflates ego and distorts better judgment.

Central Coast Eagle said:
So isz should wait to pass judgement but you seem to have already passed yours Mark?

Not quite so, I'll wait until the dust settles for that BUT what has transpired this last few weeks suggests to me that there's much more to this than blaming the board (as the Telegrapgh consistantly does).

I doubt any of us will ever be in a position to pass judgment. The truth will probably never come out, and if one day somebody decides to speak out their version of the truth will undoubtedly be heavily influenced by their own position.

The Des "out of control ego" senario seems plausable to me, but so does the incompetent Board scenario. Who knows - maybe it was a combination of both!

MadMarcus said:
I doubt any of us will ever be in a position to pass judgment. The truth will probably never come out, and if one day somebody decides to speak out their version of the truth will undoubtedly be heavily influenced by their own position.

The Des "out of control ego" senario seems plausable to me, but so does the incompetent Board scenario. Who knows - maybe it was a combination of both!

You are in fact quite correct we may never know....there was a thread last week about "which faction" you would choose....it could be as simple as "heads or tails".

I try and base my assumptions on the limited things I might hear but trying to read through the lines as such as well.

Having been in business for a very long time I have dealt with many "Ego's", and I am sure there are Ego's at work on both sides here.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8