Mayer to Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I actually wouldn't be surprised. I heard something that hinted toward it yesterday.

God we are going to have some Nuffy voted in arent we. Cummins was alright but is no where near the administrator Mayer is

Thats ****en crazy

There are few people within our club who have some major questions to answer.

They have made our club a joke. I know they read this forum.

Its gonna be a real interesting AGM at the football club this year I think.

Cliffy lets not get too excited yet. lets wait for confirmation

Tony Zappia is available as a replacement.

If it is true then the supporters deserve an explanation from the board members who voted against extending his contract to explain exactly why they voted that way.

I wonder if Quantam have a get out clause in their sponsorship contract? 

More potential to disrupt our season.

Gees I wish I knew the inside workings of Manly well enough to be so certain what a genius Mayer is. Perhaps you could explain why the premiers don't have a sponsor for the back of their jumpers and who got sacked for the disgraceful, perhaps season destroying, season launch party?

Mayer might be as good as you guys think but really, how would you know?

manlyone link said:
Gees I wish I knew the inside workings of Manly well enough to be so certain what a genius Mayer is. Perhaps you could explain why the premiers don't have a sponsor for the back of their jumpers and who got sacked for the disgraceful, perhaps season destroying, season launch party?

Mayer might be as good as you guys think but really, how would you know?

He at least has the runs on the board being a CEO of a club who won the premiership in 2008 by 40 to nil.  Isn't that enough to convince you that he must be an OK CEO?

It is all good in hindsight to say that they should have held the season launch somewhere else but there was plenty of opportunity for the shareholders and board members to say that they wanted it somewhere else.     

tookey it's the coach and players that won the comp and having the season launch at a bar was a disgraceful idea.

manlyone link said:
Perhaps you could explain why the premiers don't have a sponsor for the back of their jumpers and who got sacked for the disgraceful,

There was a jumper sponsor but I understand that the NRL vetoed it because it conflicted with one of their sponsers  - one of the betting agencies

Imagine the short list these great Manly minds would have for our new ceo
Tony Zappia
Ian Thompson
Benny Elias

god help us now.
Hope we all enjoyed our premiership in 2008 ive got the feeling it will be our last for awhile

Benny Elias should never ever, ever be our CEO. If he becomes our CEO there is no way I will purchase any membership as I am planning once all this crap dies down.

Bring back Arko I say.....or Tooves, I could handle Toovey there

byso link said:
tookey it's the coach and players that won the comp and having the season launch at a bar was a disgraceful idea.

As Jack Gibson said winning premierships starts in the front office.

Just have a look at the players that were signed by manly while he was CEO.  And name one Manly player who has left while he has been CEO who has gone on to better things at another club?  

As Willsyles said - Parramatta have the potential to be a powerhouse again with a quality CEO, coach and their masive juniors.

If Mayer goes to parramatta do you think that we are ever going to sign any more promising Parramatta juniors again?  Unlikely.  

Didn't Des speak at a recent board meeting and provide his support for Mayer to be retained?

Whilst I do not know the inner workings of the club the fact that Mayer has the support of des and Penn is good enough for me to be convinced that he should be retained.

Some of the people on the board voting against his retention are associated with the leagues club.  Look at how the club has deteriorated over the past 20 years and the board has sold off assets at fire sale prices just to survive because of poor decisions.

Believe me I would not want some of these people running my business after what I have seen them do over the years.  

But the reality is I am sick of all this crap being played out in the media and had hoped that it would be all sorted out behind closed doors.  Someone needs to sort the mess out once and for all ASAP otherwise the fractured board/shareholders will continue this into next year. 

And what new CEO would want to come on board with what has been going on?

MANLY DRAMAS
Wednesday 17 Jun 2009 07:21 by Steve Mascord.

EAGLES BOSS WALKOUT THREAT, TWO MANLY STARS RE-SIGN BUT CAPTAIN FACES PAY CUT

The chief executive of rugby league's NRL and world club champions is threatening to walk out on the club within days.

Grant Mayer has told today's edition of Rugby League Week magazine that he has just about had enough of the strife-torn club. The magazine also reveals that Michael Robertson and David Williams have recently re-signed but captain Matt Orford has been asked to take a pay cut.

Mayer tells RLW: "I am close to making a decision on whether to see the year out or give myself a break.

"It's been made increasingly clear to me that I don't have much of a future here and it may be best for all concerned if I was to depart before the end of the season.

"I would say there would be a decision within 10 days.''

The confirmation that wingers Robertson and Williams are staying was due to be made public later this week but we report that the deals were done some time ago.

Captain Orford, however, is back on the shopping lists of Super League clubs with the premiers telling him he would have to take a pay-cut to stay.

"There is no doubt the previous contract Matty had at the club were very lucrative,'' Mayer admits. "Unfortunately we wouldn't be in a position to offer the same terms.''

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=33545

swoop link said:
MANLY DRAMAS
Wednesday 17 Jun 2009 07:21 by Steve Mascord.

EAGLES BOSS WALKOUT THREAT, TWO MANLY STARS RE-SIGN BUT CAPTAIN FACES PAY CUT

The chief executive of rugby league's NRL and world club champions is threatening to walk out on the club within days.

Grant Mayer has told today's edition of Rugby League Week magazine that he has just about had enough of the strife-torn club. The magazine also reveals that Michael Robertson and David Williams have recently re-signed but captain Matt Orford has been asked to take a pay cut.

Mayer tells RLW: \"I am close to making a decision on whether to see the year out or give myself a break.

\"It's been made increasingly clear to me that I don't have much of a future here and it may be best for all concerned if I was to depart before the end of the season.

\"I would say there would be a decision within 10 days.''

The confirmation that wingers Robertson and Williams are staying was due to be made public later this week but we report that the deals were done some time ago.

Captain Orford, however, is back on the shopping lists of Super League clubs with the premiers telling him he would have to take a pay-cut to stay.

\"There is no doubt the previous contract Matty had at the club were very lucrative,'' Mayer admits. \"Unfortunately we wouldn't be in a position to offer the same terms.''

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=33545

Interesting to read S Mascord's piece today, but is this anything new that we don't already know??

As others have said, lets just wait for the facts to emerge.

Either way it is essential that there is a workable professional solution found where the CEO can work as harmoniously as possible with all parties for the benefit of the Sea Eagles.

Many need to lift their game and find ways to work with others, not ways to fight and squabble. The latter way guarantees Manly go downhill, and their investment deteriorates badly.

I think a big part of the problem here is that the Sea Eagles is just one of the companies that a lot of the board etc work for and not THE company they work for

This crap just keeps reminding me of the N...N...N...Northern Eagles days with the two factions fighting and airing their dirty laundry in public.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=manlyone link=topic=180746.msg227682#msg227682 date=1245195217]
Perhaps you could explain why the premiers don't have a sponsor for the back of their jumpers and who got sacked for the disgraceful,

There was a jumper sponsor but I understand that the NRL vetoed it because it conflicted with one of their sponsers  - one of the betting agencies
[/quote]

My understanding was that it was betfair or some other betting agency that wanted to sponsor us as a major sponsor but the NRL knocked it back (due to their arrangements with TAB) .... so what we still should have an alternative sponsor (+ we already rely on Penn Health as another sponsor) .....

Jethro link said:
This crap just keeps reminding me of the N...N...N...Northern Eagles days with the two factions fighting and airing their dirty laundry in public.

It’s looking that way Jethro, what a shamble.

I guess it's best to wait till we hear an official announcement however to all those responsible if it’s true.....

FARK QUEUES ALL
:-*  :mad: :-*  :mad:  :-*  :mad:  :-*  :mad:  :-*

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7