MBW - so much for the millions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
The owner of Tolouse is quoted this morning as sdaying MBW will not be paid any more than he currently receives at the Bulldogs.  That he's playing "for the challenge".

So much for the $3m excuse, looking after himseles but importantly it makes a mockery of any attempt to allege restraint of trade!!!!

Apparently French test players only get paid $500K, their very best are on $750K at the most according to France's ladign Rugby writer.

I dont think their is $1.5 mill pa available to an untried forward.

I think that the money that he receives is tax free.  SBW also states that he wants to play for the all blacks now. 

Probably better money in New Zealand if he can make to all blacks side.  Lomu made a fortune in union with private sponsorship and no doubt Williams is trying to do the same.  Union would also be less taxing physically as well on his body.

Dan Carter (considered the worlds best Rugby player) got just over a million for his season in France and Tana Umaga got about 500k to coach which they got most of back in tshirt sales.So why would they pay 1.5 for a novice who is an unknown in France.

Utility Player link said:
Dan Carter (considered the worlds best Rugby player) got just over a million for his season in France and Tana Umaga got about 500k to coach which they got most of back in tshirt sales.So why would they pay 1.5 for a novice who is an unknown in France.

Carter is heading to France in December to play for Perpignon and is getting 1m EUROS for 6 months.

They are talking about playing SBW in the centres. One look at the many players from League who have crossed over will tell you it will take time, no matter how much ability you have. He may be a success but there is a lot of learning for a leaguie to play Rugby. It is so different on contact.

Do you think it's really Dollar Bill Millions running the show here or those @RSE CLOWNS Mundane & Chowder????

I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for DBM!!

Canteen Worker link said:
They are talking about playing SBW in the centres.

In which case he will not enjoy the latitude afforded him in League with it's 10 metre rule and backpeddaling defences. 

It's debatable how he will go when he is spotted from 2 metres away and receving slow ball from a ruck/maul situation. 

Matabele link said:
The owner of Tolouse is quoted this morning as sdaying MBW will not be paid any more than he currently receives at the Bulldogs.  That he's playing \"for the challenge\".

So much for the $3m excuse, looking after himseles but importantly it makes a mockery of any attempt to allege restraint of trade!!!!

I thought it was Toulon?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6