Media on Rodney tackle - suspension?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
How do you like this? I thought it was accepted that Rodney didn't cause the injury to Paterson?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/a-record-response-to-sniping-hasler/story-e6frg7mf-1226134294590
Hasler could have bigger problems to worry about this week as lock Shane Rodney is expected to come under scrutiny from the match review committee for a high tackle which forced Cowboys backrower Cory Paterson off the field with a neck injury.

Play was stopped for several minutes after Paterson was placed in a neck brace and taken off. Tests revealed he had only a torn ligament and is expected to return home to Townsville today.

The Sea Eagles cannot afford to lose another forward to suspension as Glenn Stewart and Darcy Lussick are serving bans for their involvement in the wild brawl against Melbourne at Brookvale recently and won't play again this season unless the club reaches the grand final.

"Cory will be in a neck brace for a couple of days," Cowboys football manager Peter Parr said.

plus the Cowboys want some pay back.

Cowboys want Shane Rodney charged over high shot

Sour grapes

Even if charged with Careless high tackle Grade 2 is 125pts & as far as I can recall he has no priors or carry over, a early plea will see him free to play

I don't think he has any priors for this year, but think he went for a high shot last year for a week.

Either way. I can't see him getting anything for that. The injury was a result of falling awkwardly in the tackle and the highshot was tame

Daniel said:
Either way. I can't see him getting anything for that. The injury was a result of falling awkwardly in the tackle and the highshot was tame

I suppose they will argue that he only fell awkwardly because he was hit in the head.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6