Mediawatch and the Smear Campaign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Did anyone see Mediawatch ?? They had a segment on Brett Stewart's issue and the subsequent media reporting. They focused on the smear campaign conducted in the media against the alleged victims father. The inference was that the information was fed to the media from the desk of Peter Spray (CEO of the MWRLC Ltd and on the board of the MWSE Ltd) and/or Geoff Bellew. They had a copy of an email that originated from Spray that had a document attached that listed the fathers criminal record that had been forwarded to an un-named "media executive". Spray denied forwarding the email to anyone in the media, as did Bellew.

Full transcript here

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2517616.htm

So what?  If it is eventually proven that what is alleged did not take place, then I think the father's record is a matter of public (and perhaps police) interest.

What I would like to know is how Media Watch got hold of that alleged email

just wondering out loud, but its possible that...

The father has seemed remarkably well prepared at all stages to deal with the previous fraud charges emerging in the media. Right from the get-go he had a counter story prepared that elements of the public were deliberately releasing material designed to discredit him.

Remember there was the story he released about his missus's ex dishing out the dirt, and now MW saying that it was a member of MW rl.
At first the idea of a "ex" releasing damaging info, makes sense. But then when you think about it... it doesn't does it? Think what would have happened had the info not come to light straight away? The DT would have found it within a week or two, and it would have come out as a media exclusive (rather than a smear campaign). Seems like the fathers hand at work to me.

Another area of dispute seems to be the apparent conflict in stories regarding unpaid rent/versus "family fleeing for safety" stories, and again the fathers credibility or lack thereof is a central theme.

DailyTerrorgraphHater link said:
Another area of dispute seems to be the apparent conflict in stories regarding unpaid rent/versus \"family fleeing for safety\" stories, and again the fathers credibility or lack thereof is a central theme.

That too has been slyly countered by the release of information that his current landlord is friends with Bullet's manager. 

Chip & Chase link said:
I wish they'd stop referring to Weirdler as a \"reporter\".

He's a gossip columnist not a reporter.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=179682.msg213235#msg213235 date=1237208561]

I wish they'd stop referring to Weirdler as a \"reporter\".

He's a gossip columnist not a reporter.
[/quote]
no hes not
hes a wanker

And some aren't intelligent at all, just look at Jethro,and Clontago, and Fluffy and Matabele, and all the rest of the smiters. 

actually to quote
Mongo who used to post on MWSE

hes not a wanker hes a squeezer

squeezers are wankers that are too lazy to wank

:eek:
I actually raised that possibility of the father releasing that info to the media to my brother yesterday afternoon. What better way to defend it than to release it early and claim it was an smear campaign.
It would certainly arise later down the track especially if the matter goes to trial as credibility of a witness would come into question. This way no shock value.

It is a concern if there is a leak in the Manly club - given the release of Penn's drafted letter and other Manly business in the media of late. I hope they have a look around and ensure there isn't.

DSM5 link said:
And some aren't intelligent at all, just look at Jethro,and Clontago, and Fluffy and Matabele, and all the rest of the smiters. 
stop making excuses and harden up.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6