Mediocrity will not be tolerated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Surely Matai cannot be selected for the Grand Final.

Lyon seems to see the ball more when he is a Centre (he did bugger all tonight) and Menzies can go to the 6.

Put Ballin on the bench as utility cover. It showed how vulnerable we are to injury to our halves with our current bench configuration.

While we're at it, I was a little puzzled to see Jack A. selected on the bench over Hall. Not that he did anything wrong, but isn't Hall a better option?

Hall is the better option. Jack was lucky to get away with that push on Thurston. His defense was better than I've seen it, but he still worries me in that department. Hall might be carrying an injury perhaps. Ballin has to be there as well. We fell apart when our happy hooker went of in the first half. I agree Lyon is a CENTRE, when will Dessie see this. He scored as one, so why is he still catching and passing at the ruck. Waste of talent imo. Cuthbo went exceedingly well when he came on. Not a starting prop but a very creative replacement. All in all an excellent game although I agree with Bellamy, we chould have been ahead by twenty at half time and then buried them in the second half. We will have to lift next Sunday.

i honestly dont care anymore.. Dessie has been making the right decisions all year.. i wont doubt him now.. im sure whoever plays will give it their all...

COME ON EAGLES!!!!!!

I would rather 4 forwards on the bench, the chances of one of the halves getting injured is not great and if there are no injuries we are wasting a bench spot as we have seen Des only use the reserve hooker for the final 10 minutes most of the time.

Really, I did not even notice that. Still think the 4 bigger forwards is the go, especially against Melbourne.

Monas is as tough as they come. Unless he cops another dose of concussion he would play with a busted jaw so it is reasonable to expect him to put in the full 80 mins.

I would drop Matai, move Lyon to Centre, probably go Beaver at 5/8th and put Hall on the bench. But as KaZa says Des has been delivering all year and whoever is there will do me.

Who would everyone rather play out of Melbourne or Parra? I can not decide to be honest, we can definately beat both teams.

Don't breathe a word about Matai on MSE though MB.

The sad thing is, if a Matai howler costs us a Premiership the same Matai devotees will trun on him like a pack of rabid dogs.

Matai does some good things on the field as well, his dummy half runs always get great metres for us and his defence can inspire when he gets it right. Hopefuuly he can keep the dumb stuff out of his game next Sunday night, that tackle on Bowen when he just got out of the in goal really pissed me off.

Both he and Burns are good for a minimum 2 penalties each. He was lucky he wasn't pinged for a shoulder charge that went wrong as well. No doubt he does good things but mistakes cost the big games.

The fact is each team needs someone with some mongrel and Matai provides that, we dont really have anyone else that does. In all of the games he has played this year we have looked a better side imo.

Dont get me wrong he worries but when you consider all things he is worth the risk.

Good things?

How many line breaks has he made this year?

On the rare occasion he does get into the clear, how quickly does he get run down?

How many tackles has he missed?

How many gaping holes has he left for people to run into on either side when he shoots up out of the line?

Seriously, he must be the least attacking centre in living memory.

I remember a line break last night. He definately is not one of the top centres running around hower I think the side is stronger with Lyon at 5/8 and Menzies playing in the forwards.

Obviously Des and the coaching staff think he offers something, ill back their judgement as others have said earlier.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4