melbourne bubble bursts but why.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Melbournes shortcomings were made plain tonight.Their forwards couldnt control our pack lost the ruck and got penalised out of match because they had to hang on too long.As soon as they lost the ruck the dges looked vulnerable.They will not beat us in the final series.Our boys were relentless and it was a great victory BUT

Why the total loss of discipline from Glen.Same as last year.He is our best and most vital player IMO and his loss of control could put 4 or 5 others out.Love the guy but what the f...ck is happening.This will be a tragedy if we are derailed.One hand is on the jug already with a fit side and unsuspended outfit.Im off to church Sunday for a day of prayer but I have a very ugly feeling Gallop is about to unleash his revenge....

Glen and Brett out then we don't win it -simple as that.Any word on his injury?Suspension wont matter by the look of it.

You are right. I don't understand it either? Brainsnaps from G.Stewart at the same stage last year as well!!! To those people saying that nothing will come of it, rubbish. This was not a good look for the game and an example will be made. Our only hope is that they just go after the main protaginists, Blair and Stewart but I doubt it. 2 weeks before the finals - WOW! I teach in a primary school and not even ten year olds would be this dumb!

it's a shame, you could see the lack of right sided flow when Glenn went off!! let's hope for only a week!!

Darren said:
it's a shame, you could see the lack of right sided flow when Glenn went off!! let's hope for only a week!!

T-Rex scored two tries on the right side after Glen went off :dodgy:

IMO - The send off is sufficient for both Players.
The Melbourne Club wil be fined for their Bench breaching the field of Play.

The Hype will fill the Finals' Stadiums so the NRL will treat it like a SOO or Test fiasco. They wont shoot themselves in the foot and play Saints-like predictable/boring matches.
Its Rugby League at its aggressive best!
The 1995 Tamati incident has been mentioned many times on the Forum - why - because it got the blood to the Fans heads. No one remembers anything else of that game :)

Glenn has a right to defend his Brothers in Arms - in the heat of the moment we all lose the broad perspective.
I was ready to drop the Video Ref with the numerous replays of a 'try' where Slater was 2 meters in front of the Falcon - why isnt Blind Freddy the Video Ref?

But in gifts defense he went in to calm things down in the first stink and shouldn't have gone to the bin in the first place. Blair had it coming after raining upper cuts on lussick whilst he coudnt defend himself. However it wasn't a good look when 4 manly players got into blair. My tip is that Blair and gift will get 1-2 weeks. Foran ran in but didn't throw any so he should b ok. Snake will be charged however he is a clean skin so should be ok and injured anyway. The fact that lussick was provoked could save him a big suspension but he will still get 1-2 weeks. The thing that surprises me is that matai wasn't in the thick of it or did I miss something.

i have no problem with the first fight.good stuff defending a mate.

the second was silly because he had ample time to think about it.just get out of there gift!

f...ck I have a bad feeling about this.the evil gallop will be marshalling his forces as we speak.

susan said:
i have no problem with the first fight.good stuff defending a mate.

the second was silly because he had ample time to think about it.just get out of there gift!

f...ck I have a bad feeling about this.the evil gallop will be marshalling his forces as we speak.

I agree. I think he is screwed.He threw the first one so will get the blame. Gallop will be rubbing his hands together with glee. Stupid stuff from Gifty, did the same with his elbow on Anasta last year.

i dont think Melbourne turned up to play anything special, i think they were keeping there cards close to there chest. There halves did nothing, but maybe they didnt plan on doing anything.....

However you cant tell a forward to go out and get bashed.... so this is really the only contest last night. the contest was won easily by the eags. a win is a win. look forward to the finals

refs are still inept.

after the first fight, only Hunchliff, Blairwitch and Lussick should have should have been binned.

Give Gift & Blair 2 weeks each for the fight, Brett will come under scrutiny but nothing should happen to any of the other players.

Darcy should get cited for being slap happy & Hinchcliffe & Slater should have their elbow strikes examined further.

Focusing on Manly, Lussick & Brett should get off thanks to their clean records, neither incident was really that bad when you look back at it. Brett's was ugly but wasn't all that bad.

Where the **** did Glenn show a lack of discipline?
He was walking off the field & some gorilla comes running after him and starts shoving him.
Blair initiated the physical contact. I don't care who threw the first punch, it was 100 percent blairs fault. He could've stayed away but chose to start it up. Whatever happens from there is irrelevant. No Blair chase means no second fight.
You could take it back to hinchcliffe. If he doesn't elbow Lussick, none of it happens. He should go for instigating it all. Retaliation is fine. It's a free ticket to do what you like.

Sheikheagle said:
But in gifts defense he went in to calm things down in the first stink and shouldn't have gone to the bin in the first place. Blair had it coming after raining upper cuts on lussick whilst he coudnt defend himself. However it wasn't a good look when 4 manly players got into blair. My tip is that Blair and gift will get 1-2 weeks. Foran ran in but didn't throw any so he should b ok. Snake will be charged however he is a clean skin so should be ok and injured anyway. The fact that lussick was provoked could save him a big suspension but he will still get 1-2 weeks. The thing that surprises me is that matai wasn't in the thick of it or did I miss something.

Watch it again. Matai does a huge kung fu kick across the screen and misses everyone lol

WAMF said:
It is clear that Gift was shoved before he retaliated.

yes but there is a bit of a worry in regards to why he threw a punch not push him back, let Blair throw the first punch.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6