Melbourne worried about GPS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
MELBOURNE Storm officials remain concerned about the possibility of game-specific information gathered from GPS devices being leaked to rival clubs.
The device, used by the AFL and NRL club Manly for several seasons, will be tested by Storm in a game for the first time this weekend.

But Storm remains worried about the information gathered being leaked to opponents.

The devices, which weigh 100g, can pinpoint the angles run by a player at any time of the game, meaning a club's game plan could be exposed if the information became public. The unit also measures speed, acceleration, heart-rate and the G-force generated by tackles.

Classy halfback Cooper Cronk will wear the bulky device against reigning premiers Brisbane Broncos on Saturday night at Princes Park in the club's final trial.

His teammates, however, have been less than forthcoming in volunteering to wear the device, with training staff searching for two more guinea pigs.

The Mini Maxx device is located in a vest between the player's shoulder blades. Cronk said he had no qualms about wearing the device, which measures 17cm x 10cm, and is 4cm thick.

The results will help Storm plot training sessions during the week.

"It didn't bother me during training and I don't think it will affect me in a game," Cronk said yesterday.

"Hopefully we can get something out of it that will benefit the boys."

NRL broadcaster Channel 9 is so impressed with the technology it is considering using it in its match coverage this season.

They'd want to field a pretty strong team against The Bronco's, or they will be well and trully toweled up.

Im just wondering what they are affraid of if they wear the GPS.

What, that they might... lose?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6