Membership manager

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
This from the latest newsletter

Dear Members,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all Football Club Members. Over the past 3 years I was employed by the Australian Rugby Union working in Ticketing and Memberships.

Prior to this I was employed for over 3 years by Ticketek as the Venue Services Manager - Sydney Olympic Park managing the ticketing for all events held at Telstra Stadium.

I am enthused about the opportunity that this role provides and look forward to delivering a membership program that members are excited to be a part of.

Over the past couple of weeks I have been reviewing the membership structure and am currently working on the implementation of a number of new and exciting improvements for the 2006 season.

The membership brochure will be distributed to all current members by the end of November. We look forward to your ongoing support in 2006.

The Football Club can send you the Annual Report electronically and this helps reduce our costs. Please click on the following link and edit your details allowing us to send you the Annual Report via email.

GO the Sea Eagles in 2006!

Kerry W Sibraa AO
Chairman

Alan Webster
Membership Manager

I'm just doing a few sums here:

The membership base is around 1800 at last count.
Take away the first 200 as they're life members and freebies and celebrities of dubious distinction.

A significant number of what is left would be juniors:

Say a breakdown of
1200 senior at ave $100 (asuming some are higher packages)
400 juniors at $25

Revenue: $130,000

Cost of giveaways and putting on members functions: 1800 x $20 = $36,000
Cost of this position - at least $40,000

Total costs approx $76,000.

If membership base remains stable (with new signings replacing those that drop out) total excess revenue is $54,000.

This equates to $30 per member being available for the alleged Delmege buy out.

It's going to take a helluva long time before he's bought out at current rates, with bugger all genuine revenue flowing to the club.

Some observations:

1. I wonder if this blok'es KPIs will be made public.
2. I'm all for a designated person in this job if it reaps tangible benefit. The target for 2005 was 3000 members without someone in this position. If this bloke is going to pay his way and justify his existence I'd be thinking the target for 200 would have to around 5000?
3. Phil Dean must be spewing.

Good to see another rah rah there though. Things are looking up!

If he is employed fulltime then his KPI is easy to calculate - increased revenue from memberships = the cost of his employment x say 6 = $50k x 6 = $300k divided by say $100/membership = 3000 new members ..... 3000 + 2000 existing members = 5000 members by year end

I think it is a good idea - as long as it is a short term contract that can be renewed.

If it works we should be able to attract more members and that would be good. Hopefully a more sensible package structure would make sense.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4