Membership numbers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Rabbits numbers up to over 9000 total....what are our numbers to compare...

Rabbitohs Pass 9,000 Members for 2011
17 Nov 2010

The Rabbitohs have reached another 2011 Membership milestone, passing the 9,000 Member mark.

This is an outstanding result, possible only through the fantastic support of our new and renewing Members.

The 2011 Membership campaign commenced on Monday 27 September.

The Ticketed Membership total is currently at 5,476 and the Non-Ticketed 3,583, for a total of 9,059 Members.

These figures are ahead of the same time last year when we had 4,950 Ticketed and 3,266 Non-Ticketed Members for a total of 8,216 Total Members.

In 2010, the Rabbitohs had the highest Membership in the NRL and are seeking to maintain the title for 2011, with an aggressive target of 14,000 Ticketed Members and 6,000 Non-Ticketed Members.

The Dragons will be fierce competitors in the Membership charge, however no one can doubt the tenacity of Rabbitohs supporters and we’re confident we will once again prevail.

The growth of Rabbitohs Membership in the past three years has provided stability to the Club, assisting us to attract and retain the players of the calibre of Sam Burgess, David Taylor, Greg Inglis and Chris Sandow.
Strong Membership also assists with attracting strong sponsors such as De’Longhi.

If you haven’t yet renewed or joined for 2011, visit www.rabbitohs.com.au/membership or call the Membership Team on 02 8306 9922.

we dont target anyone bar members that are already existing members, the average manly supporter would not know were to look if they were wanting to get a membership its ludicrous, they need to pick up their game !

oh well , i gave in and rejoined as a member , living in the country i don't know how many games i will get to tho i will give my membership ticket to my nephew making him a life long manly supporter ....

Duff link said:
Souths do bollocks $5.00 non-ticketed memberships & that sort of thing don't they?

I don't know about $5 tickets, but they certainly do cheap memberships, last time I spoke to a souths member he told me they were doing 1 game memberships for a $2 discount on entry price. Good way to build up an email list for marketing purposes I would think.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=185975.msg306530#msg306530 date=1290045717]
Souths do bollocks $5.00 non-ticketed memberships & that sort of thing don't they?

I don't know about $5 tickets, but they certainly do cheap memberships, last time I spoke to a souths member he told me they were doing 1 game memberships for a $2 discount on entry price. Good way to build up an email list for marketing purposes I would think.
[/quote]

Yeah, so the numberrs are meaningless.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=185975.msg306532#msg306532 date=1290046040]
[quote author=Duff link=topic=185975.msg306530#msg306530 date=1290045717]

[/quote]

Yeah, so the numberrs are meaningless.
[/quote]

Pretty much.

i work with a souths supporter and he said at the end of the year souths members (high paying members ) get the opportunity to go on a cruise with the team around the harbour, what does manly do to compete with that ? a members only awards night were you have to pay an arm and a leg to get a table ! I dont know why they just dont get the boys to rock up to warringah mall and hand out brochures in the off season, surely they can fit it in their schedule !

Copa Eagle link said:
i work with a souths supporter and he said at the end of the year souths members (high paying members ) get the opportunity to go on a cruise with the team around the harbour, what does manly do to compete with that ? a members only awards night were you have to pay an arm and a leg to get a table ! I dont know why they just dont get the boys to rock up to warringah mall and hand out brochures in the off season, surely they can fit it in their schedule !

I was at the end of year awards and got to chat to Menzies, Farrah, Balin, Robbo, both Stewarts, Jamie, Matai, Trex and Wolf, so I would say that as far as value for money it was pretty good.

dont get me wrong the awards night would have been absolutely awesome ! i just dont think we go about finding new members the right way, my dad is an absolute passionate manly supporter and has been for 45 years now, but never once has the club ever made him interested in buying a membership. Ive finally got him to buy a 3 match member pass, yet it wasnt manly that convinced him, it was me !

I don't disagree with you at all Copa, I would think the only way people are convinced to join is via other members at this point.

Have to disagree

There are a number of approaches the club could take to increase membership above and beyond referrals

spot on rusty, it was this site and you guys that convinced me to become a member, it really is a shame, its seems that our standards are low. Lowey is expecting 10,000 members for 2011, realistically we will get no where near that number. They need to sort it out.

lsz link said:
Have to disagree

There are a number of approaches the club could take to increase membership above and beyond referrals

Yes, could. I am not saying that they couldn't I am saying they haven't. I agree there is a lot that can be done.

I love the club, don't get me wrong, and I think we have taken big steps this year in terms of appropriate pricing, but marketing wise there is a long way to go yet. Still with a new manager in charge of membership there is hope.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4