membership numbers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
27z9j55.jpg

http://www.nrl.com/membership/tabid/10691/default.aspx

Why do they bother posting these details yet. Everyone who has ever done anything in event management or run any kind of subscription service knows a large portion of your business is done in the last few weeks/days before a new season/event.

Why not wait till 2 weeks in and post these numbers then?

To generate interest/put it in the general public's mind.. Just update the figures as they become available.

I'd like to know how many more memberships has the Free membership Under 9's Campaign generated?

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=32918&title=2011-membership-premiership

Battle of the beaches membership competition -winning club gets $20,000

Manly Sea Eagles Membership Fan Day
Monday, January 31 at 4:00pm at Sydney Academy Of Sport, Narrabeen

Manly fans, now is the time to step up and become a 2011 Club Member to help the mighty Sea Eagles win $20,000! If we sign up for more members than the Roosters or the Sharks between January 31 and February 4, we win the Battle of the Beaches and the money! The best way to support the Sea Eagles is to become an NRL Club Member.
So check out what our club has to offer, go online or call today on 9970 3000. The Manly Sea Eagles "Next Generation" Membership Drive – 1,000 Members in one day is also about to kick off!! The Sea Eagles are offering 'Free Membership' to any child under 9! Come and be a part of our fan day on Monday, 31st January from 4-6pm at the Academy of Sport in Narrabeen to sign up!
There will be a barbecue as well as your chance to meet with the Manly Sea Eagles. If you sign up for a 2011 membership, your club could be a big winner before the season even kicks off! Make sure you keep updated by checking our website as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages for all the latest on this exciting day!

we seem to always hover around the 5,000 mark  ..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1296020334[/time]

Rusty link said:
Why do they bother posting these details yet. Everyone who has ever done anything in event management or run any kind of subscription service knows a large portion of your business is done in the last few weeks/days before a new season/event.

lol rusty its a ploy to get you to do it before march lmao..

According to the NRL website Manly had 2686 members as of the 02nd March 2010. Based on the numbers in January 2011, Manly has 2044 more members. This represents growth of 76%. And this is before the Next Generation membership drive.

Well done to all everyone who is a member!

FFS, click on the membership link in the initial post here, and guess which club is the ONLY club you can't access?

jjai link said:
we seem to always hover around the 5,000 mark  ..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1296020334[/time]

[quote author=Rusty link=topic=186327.msg313204#msg313204 date=1295977739]

lol rusty its a ploy to get you to do it before march lmao..
[/quote]

Exactly it's a 'keeping up with the Jones's' thing. To make sure you see the numbers and say I'll help them.

Another thing is to make other fans to feel guilty towards the Bronco's, Souths and Dragon's and make them sign up people .

Ryan link said:
FFS, click on the membership link in the initial post here, and guess which club is the ONLY club you can't access?

Thankfully you spotted it and have emailed the NRL ewbsite to have the link updated

Quite amusing to see the Eels and Broncos fans jumping off the bandwagon.  However, isn't is staggering that the Eels have double our membership numbers and the Rabbitohs 4X.  How does this happen for two clubs with such an ingrained culture of mediocrity and losing?

Ryan link said:

Thanks Ryan, I've emailed the membership team to let them know (By the way you have mail re your other post)

Eagles fans - Can I suggest that if you spot broken links or other problems with Eagles promos or relaeases that you send a note with links or screen grabs to
[email protected]
to let them know so they can fix it or in the case of 3rd party entities they can contact them?

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186327.msg313267#msg313267 date=1296025957]

Thankfully you spotted it and have emailed the NRL ewbsite to have the link updated
[/quote]

I actually hit the contact us on the NRL website dude.....I at least gave it a shot.

Matabele, I think the 'numbers' are probably cooked by a few clubs.  I well remember the crowd numbers put forward by clubs way back when they mattered in the days to get registered with the NRL.  Spurious numbers when club secretaries did the counting.  My guess is with regards to Souths that the cost of membership is really low, that past years members are automatically rolled over to the next year unless they object, (like a lot of billing is down these days) and other creative methods to crow about.  My concern is not with the membership numbers, but the absence of major sponsors entering the game.  I'd hope that Manly is chasing some international names, i.e Etihad, Chinese automakers etc. 

Speaking of broken links, clicking the sea eagles icon at the top of the nrl.com.au site still leads to a blank black screen (firefox, macbook).
I sent an email about it early last year, i guess their still working on it

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4