Membership.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry1

First Grader
I said that I would not be doing this but I will not be renewing the memberships I am responsible for.

Four in all.

I will just be buying day to day tickets.

I may pay for just one kids membership to give me access to finals tickets but I am not sure about this either.

I will also not be taking any further part in pushing the club agenda on the council web sites.

Loyalty has to work both ways.

Thx - Jerry

For some of the new members you may or may not know that I have never been a member, I have been thinking about getting one for my Dad next year as he goes to every game anyway, so may end up getting him a season ticket

I will buy memberships, not because I love any officials but because I want to have a team in the NRL.

Having had 3 seasons with no team (I didn't support the Northern Eagles) in a crazy merger, I never want that to happen again.

Surely there are other ways to protest your disgust rather than do something that might hurt the club and impact on the chances of long-term survival of our club.

I too will not be renewing my membership. I too am very unhappy with the lack of loyalty the club has shown supporters.

I can't get to many games as I lived 6 hrs away from sydney but I'm a ticketed members who wants to support the sea eagles. I don't give a rats about who's running the joint as long as I can watch my beloved team play each week in the NRL.

Canteen Worker link said:
I will buy memberships, not because I love any officials but because I want to have a team in the NRL.

Having had 3 seasons with no team (I didn't support the Northern Eagles) in a crazy merger, I never want that to happen again.

Surely there are other ways to protest your disgust rather than do something that might hurt the club and impact on the chances of long-term survival of our club.

Best reply by far. Personally I support my club irregardless of anything else & as long as membership is the best way that I can support them i'll keep renewing it.

Great post.
All this over an internet forum? or am i missing something.

being from the bush and a member for no other reason than i support manly,i joined because i thought the club needed and wanted   the members , the forum was great a chance to  catch up with what was going on at the games it was like being at the game or at your local pub laughing about today's game. ,they seem to forget who pays the bills as in any business if no one comes Thu the doors you cant pay the bills .i am still thinking about membership but leaning towards not renewing i will just buy tickets when and where the games suit me...

P's enjoying this forum no need to go back !!!

So you didn't support Tooves, or Beaver our then captains through their loyalty, and efforts???

You filthy scum ;)

I'm also on the fence about this one.

On the one hand, I don't want the administration to believe that they can get away with treating members like they have (not just in taking down the official site, but the lack of communication they have shown too).

Conversely, I want to ensure the longevity of the club.

I guess the question is....does our front office make you feel as though you are PART of their community, or do they make you feel as though your a convenience only when your handing over the $$$$?

Personally, I feel it is the latter, although I also am a season ticket holder for the team, and team alone.

I have been to every match that I could drive to for the last god knows how many years. I haven't missed many.

There is no way I'm not going but I'm not giving them my money up front from now on. It's not about hurting the club it's about showing them that you reap what you sow.

I have been a member for many years but In previous years I was treated with a reasonable amount of respect by the club. This year it changed. After much correspondence back & forth with the club I have become disillusioned with the management.

This is my own opinion & is not meant in any way to influence others on what they do - You here are well informed & able to call things the way you see it.

Perhaps next season my hard earned dosh will count for something. Until then I will join the majority who rock up & pay on the gate.

:)

No shock this comes from an Ox disser to be honest
id happily buy membership if i had the money as i love this club and
im one of those who couldnt bring myself to watch the beagles,i attend
most home and a few away games and i live in Blacktown

I'm not a member *Shock, Horror*

Although if the NRL got their act together and game us a season long list of fixture including dates I would be. See I work shift work, that is rostered more then 5 weeks out and therefore often before the exact date of games is available, without ruling myself out of half the work week I can not commit to going to any particular game.

While it is worth doing so for a big away game, (Brisbane, GC or like this year in Melbourne.) I just can't afford to do so for every game. Since I don't know if I will make it too all 13 homes games or none it is stupid for me to sign up for a membership although I would really love too.

Next year I think I will sign up for some kind of flexi pass - perhaps a 6 match one or something, and just hope I get good value out of it.

Still for me it seems silly to throw it all in over a forum, I understand it is a principle - but having stood on the sideline at Melbourne and seen how the guys in the jerseys 1 to 18 acted, having seen the respect they showed the fans and the time they had for us, right through the evening, even when we saw them out later in the night, and they made time to stop us and say hello rather then the other way round. Having seen Dessie sit down and talk to some of the fans, toovie as well and Penn and others I have all the respect in the world for how this team treats us fans, I am not going to have a breakdown over the fact that a few people in the back office clearly don't get it.

There are better ways of dealing with the issue.

Next time you are at a pre-match function, tell Lowe, or Dessie or one of the board your issue, raise it at the AGM, or write to someone. One letter of comment might go unnoticed but a few would not.

i said at 1st i wasnt going to renew. but after being on this site i kinda had a change of heart , not for the behind the scenes ppl at the club..  i only care about the squad of 25 players  dessie crusher & tooves , im renewing for them not the other fuk sticks, who think they own us just because we supporting a team we like,, like i said before i doubt i will make any games ,i could have went for the basic package of screaming eagles member, but i thought  i`d do the club a favour & pay for the bird of prey membership 135 dollars, even though i knew i probably wouldnt be using it..just to help the team out..
i too dont want another northern eagles fiasco..

I guess you have to look at all of this as a business decision.

The club didn't close down the forums because they didn't want them to be there and didnt want fans to discuss things, it was just too big of a beast for them to manage.

Once Aaron left it really meant the site had to be managed by a few people in a casual manner as they just didn't have the numbers or anyone who could dedicate their time to the job.

Also if you go to other companies sites who have forums (and they are rare) you will find that negative talk and information is very quickly canned as it can be brand damaging. The Sea Eagles want people to be able to talk and meet and have fun, they just can no longer from a business perspective afford to have staff who are ebst off doing other things, spending their time looking after the forums.

I know people volunteered their time to help, but this also means things wont get done in a satisfactory manner.

I know this has pissed a few people off and had this been the sole reason for my membership I would question it too, but being a 3rd party to the entire situation and having a fair bit of distance I can certainly understand the logic and reasoning.

And hey at the end of the day, this site can offer more in that way anyway.

I am really considering getting a membership next year to support the club and I am 99% sure I will be buying one for my Dad or even one of my nephews or nieces who love the Sea Eagles and lock them up for life :)

There are MANY ways to protest, not providing funding for the club (if you are a member now) you love is not one of them. For the younger ones here who may not have gone through the NE debacle, I can never remember a more painful time, if you think the forums are bad now it was like kinder compared to then, and for that reason alone I will NEVER EVER not support my club financially.

Front office staff come and go, who knows in another two years it could be a different team.....BUT what about if in another two years you don't have a Manly...and YOU were part of that reason.

Pulling membership over this is complete bull**** (sorry has to be said).

BUT

There are other ways, every one of you that feel aggrieved should be writing a letter (NOT an e-mail) to the CEO, deluge him with letters of complaint.

Maybe a sign (or signs) at the game "give us our forum and our freedom of speech back".

The Sea Eagles AND the Football Club need your dollars to survive, so withdraw funds if you wish but gee I hope it doesn't make the difference between a team and no team.

Not purchasing membership becuase you do not have access to a forum is crazy, actually it is stupid imo.  I pay membership to support my team.  I do not begrudge anyone that does not become a member for financial reasons or because they live too far away etc etc but to not purchase membership over a forum being closed is childish.  If everyone had that view we could end up without a team one day if the NRL brings in membership criteria as expected.

They way I look at it is if my $135 is the difference between them going broke or not its already too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8