Memo Scott Penn: celebrate, then get on with the jobs at hand

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Chairman Scott Penn has a lot of house-cleaning to do at the Manly Sea Eagles, with his leadership under the microscope. There are five pressing problems Penn must address far sooner than later.

Read the full article

Who the hell is David Lord to tell Penn how to conduct himself. Weird this concentration on what was or wasn't said.

This article is crap. We let hoppa 'Slip through the net' because:

a) He isn't worth a reported $850,000 a season
b) His dad isn't worth $200,000 a season as a coach
c) He won't be here for 2 years - big risk regardless of price

Why is it Penn's job to reveal what Stewart said? I find it ironic and in fact hypocritical saying that the Stewart brothers must 'Let it go' when it's articles like this that keep the whole bloody thing ticking along! If it wasnt for the ridiculous media coverage of his 'extended handshake' there would be no issue as we move into the off season.

I think you could go to any club and pull out 3-4 issues that need addressing by their respective CEO's - try looking at canterbury, Parramatta, Easts, Cronulla etc etc. Penn has just poured his money into a premiership club - he doesnt derserve this drivel.

Why hasn't he suggested Gallop finally apologise so that the feud can be ended once and for all?
Why hasn't this goose written about the option that exists for Brett to take Gallop and the NRL to court to demand the apology (amongst other possible damage claims)? Where's the story about Brett not having taken legal action (to date) where the respondents (NRL) wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on?
I don't need to be a lawyer to know that Gallop made the decision to stand Brett down based on a factually incorrect report he received, that was written under an amount of duress.
Further Brett was not afforded the opportunity of legal representation to front a meeting at the NRL regarding the suspension which is a basic legal right in this country. Case closed. Gallop apologises before it even get's to court and they settle for damages.

I would think it would be more important to
1.extend Des Haslers contract
2.tie up DCE & Foran for 5 year deals
3.Re-sign any others off contract
4.Keep lobbying Government for more Brookie upgrades
5.find more sponsor money
6.increase membership numbers

Id like it proven that Brett Stewart actually asked Gallop for an apology. Looked to me like Gallop's last words to Brett were "well said". This story is just continually being dragged up by the media and no one else.

No idea who David Lord is. Sounds like he's pretty impressed with the other David though. Maybe Gallops using a pen name?

Don't go to hard on David Lord, he is 1 of only a handful in the Media that actually supports us (very balanced opinion). He was very vocal in calling for Lussick and Glenn Stewart not to be suspended.

Very vocal in Manly retaining Des Hasler and Manly winning the GF.

He also works with the good sort Megan Barnard sky news sports line program.

Only point I don't agree with him is that the discussion between the Stewarts and Gallop need to be disclosed (no they don't).

I should have included the link. The comments are far more entertaining than the article itself. I have been flying the flag.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/10/04/memo-scott-penn-celebrate-then-get-on-with-the-jobs-at-hand/

DSM5 said:
Who the hell is David Lord to tell Penn how to conduct himself. Weird this concentration on what was or wasn't said.

Exactly what I was thinking DMS5.

I think Mr Lord neither godly or a prophet.

"He's not the Messiah - he just a very naughty boy." (With apologies to 'Life of Brian' fans.)

Signed - Biggus Dickus and wife Incontinentia Buttocks.:D

WTF this queen this limp p must ???off now from our game gallop is a faggot and a handbrake on this game , how plain can you tell a SPIV to drop off c.

Howelly said:
WTF this queen this limp p must ???off now from our game gallop is a faggot and a handbrake on this game , how plain can you tell a SPIV to drop off c.

I'll have what he is having!!!;)

I rest my case, the men would not speak out of school but Gallop spilled his spineless guts :
Gallop also broke his silence on his on-stage conversation with Stewart, in which the Sea Eagles flyer was understood to have told him, while shaking his hand: ''You owe me an apology''.

OneEyedEagle said:
Don't go to hard on David Lord, he is 1 of only a handful in the Media that actually supports us (very balanced opinion). He was very vocal in calling for Lussick and Glenn Stewart not to be suspended.

Only point I don't agree with him is that the discussion between the Stewarts and Gallop need to be disclosed (no they don't).

YoU CANNOT say "good sort"

Mark from Brisbane said:
OneEyedEagle said:

YoU CANNOT say "good sort"

I think it was a typo it should read good s(p)ort.

Memo David Lord. You're just another media personality speculating on what was said. Pictures or it didn't happen!

MadMarcus said:
I should have included the link. The comments are far more entertaining than the article itself. I have been flying the flag.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/10/04/memo-scott-penn-celebrate-then-get-on-with-the-jobs-at-hand/
oikee's comments...what a clown.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4