Menzies encore???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

quinny

Reserve Grader
We could do worse than get Beaver back for a last hurrah. He would add heaps in morale and uniting the players, staff etc

Not probable, but it's definately an idea with some merit.

I think Desmond knocked it on the head when he wanted to come back last time. Thoughts people?

What a brilliant idea quinny. He could replace Rodney and what a wonderful injection of club pride it would be to bring him back. "
They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes!"
For those that dont know quote from mad max 1

Nice one. I'd love it for him to play another season and knock Lochyer off his undeserved pedestal. I hated the fact that Lamb, that noted scumbag, had as many games as our Revered One. I did read somewhere once that Des knock-backed an offer for Menzies to play on. Maybe he didn't want to share the pedestal. Anyway a great idea. I hope to see it.

Maybe we need a petition to Penn and the board. We the supporters demand the club do everyting in its power to get Beaver back for a last hurrah. If this club wants to re invigorate the supporters and the community then this would be the best way about it. I have no doubt that Beaver would cut it for another season off the bench.

I like this motion!! Give him a dual role of player and assistant! Cliffy to relay msgs onto the field for Menzies, Menzies to delegate!!

When you look at the bench and the very limited game time Jamie Buhrer got, sometimes 5 mins or not even getting a start at all, surely the great Beaver could do it even at 38, even just for team morale. But I dont think he would even consider it. I think he will be back at Manly but not as a player.

As much as I like the idea of Beaver playing on.... the time for that is past. Legacy is also a significant factor here and he finished his playing career at Manly scoring a try in a winning Grand Final.

I'd like to see him back at the club in a coaching capacity. He's a Manly legend and many of the young players coming thru would have grown up watching him play in the Sea Eagles, NSW & Australian colours. To have someone of his standing involved in the running of the football operations is what we need most now.

I'd like to see him back at the club in any capacity, it would give everybody a much needed lift and stand in stark contrast to Hasler's duplicity.

Daddycool said:
As much as I like the idea of Beaver playing on.... the time for that is past. Legacy is also a significant factor here and he finished his playing career at Manly scoring a try in a winning Grand Final.

I'd like to see him back at the club in a coaching capacity. He's a Manly legend and many of the young players coming thru would have grown up watching him play in the Sea Eagles, NSW & Australian colours. To have someone of his standing involved in the running of the football operations is what we need most now.

Agree with You Daddycool- Steves days in the NRL are past. I would hate to see him come back and look like a fool. Not saying he would but there is that possibility.

Coaching/mentoring should be the capacity Beaver is brought back for.

I love Beaver and wish we got one more season out of him.
But he has a contract for next season and in 2013 he will be turngin 40. I love the idea but can't see it working. As a player.
IT would take the chance of a young player. Buher needs more mins next season.

But get him back in same way for sure.

mickyj said:
I love Beaver and wish we got one more season out of him.
But he has a contract for next season and in 2013 he will be turngin 40. I love the idea but can't see it working. As a player.
IT would take the chance of a young player. Buher needs more mins next season.

But get him back in same way for sure.

Just get him back around the playing group imho. Beaver forever, and while your at it bring in Kosef and Garts.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6