1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Menzies Medal

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SilentBob, May 4, 2008.

1. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 /0
    Steve ‘Beaver’ Menzies is a Sea Eagles legend. He has played locally since his beginnings in junior rugby league and is now in his 17th season, having represented Manly-Warringah, NSW and Australia. Steve is greatly admired by fans and is considered a local treasure and a standard setter.

The Menzies Medal will be awarded annually to the person selected as the Sea Eagles ‘Supporter of the Year’. This is a high profile way in which the Club can acknowledge the contribution of supporters. The winning nominee will be given a medallion to reward ‘outstanding service as a true Sea Eagles supporter: committed to the team, win or lose, good times and bad; loyal through and through’.

Sea Eagles Members, Sponsors and fans now have the opportunity to vote for their favourite design of the Menzies Medal via the Brookie Forever Website.

http://www.brookieforever.com.au/competition-poll.asp

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7,407 /342
  3. SilentBob

Ratings:
    +4 /0
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

They are the three options.

4. SilentBob

Ratings:
    +4 /0
    I'd love to see your acceptance speech Ryan, it would be an emotional performance worthy of an Oscar, if only you were acting. :p

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7,407 /342
    I'd start with, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times".

Hehehehehe..

6. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

Ratings:
    +2,125 /14
  7. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +6,280 /93
    That photo that they have used and the same one on this page was taken by Byso I believe!

I hope the entire Silvertails community is nominated!

8. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 /0
    I was about to pose the question as to who does the nominating/awarding of this.

Sycophants united your ship has come in...

9. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,280 /93
    I have already mailed in 10 nominations for myself :)

10. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 /1
    This is a joke and something I hope the great Beaver hasnt agreed to put his name to.

The Steve Menzies award should be a player award or something that carries a bit more honour and pretsige than a crappy supporters award.

11. Dan

Ratings:
    +6,280 /93
    Agreed on that Doug.

It should be for a junior player who has come through the ranks and should be something to do with clubmanship

12. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +213 /5
    True Supporters only please!!!! (slinks off, ducks and waits for what is coming!!!!) :) :)

13. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 /7
    Just give it Mouse and be done with it.

14. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7,407 /342
    Who the **** is Mouse ?

15. Dan

Ratings:
    +6,280 /93
    Matas is going to be pissed off whether he gets it or not!

16. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,439 /31
    C'mon Ryan, you always start with the worst first :p

17. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,439 /31
    You should kow him mate, he is possibly the only Manly supporter over 8 shorter than yourself  ;D

He always works on the membership stand etc at the games, is in a few movies too if i recall correctly. 1 of the Rockers

18. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 /0
    I agree.

Surely Steve Menzies has the largest endowment in the history of mankind and the medal should be passed on to the next biggest endowment in mankind.

But, I like Ryan's enthusiasm as a fan and sense he could use a confidence boost (  :eek: )so I'll pass the award on to ryan once I get it.